How to get Xbox Music to put band in background

Pikezer1337

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
For only one of my bands that I have in my library does Xbox Music recognize and puts their band photo as the background and gives me a bio, and some similar bands, how do I get it to recognize more, I mean all info for all the bands I have are correct I'm pretty OCD with it all being perfect so I know every song, album and band information is correct.

Klaric

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if it's tied to the cloud matching service. Some music won't cloud match automatically because your metadata is different that XBM's metadata. Right-click on any album in the Music app and hit the "Match Album Info" button at the bottom. XBM will try to match that album to something in the cloud, if it finds it first shot hit "Finish" (you'll see how many songs on the album are successfully matched). If not, click the "Don't see the right album?" text at the bottom and it will do a word search. The default search is pretty good and will generally find the album close to the top. Find the appropriate album from the list (once again, matched songs appear on right. Some albums have multiple versions and only one will match what you have).

Pikezer1337

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Wait I'm sorry but I don't follow. On what music app are you talking about to right click? I'm assuming you don't mean from my phone? I usually use iTunes to sync my music along with the Windows Phone 8 program.

Klaric

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I was talking about Windows 8, but the phone app may work the same, although I couldn't really tell you as I don't have my 8X yet :/

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
You need to go into the Music settings on your phone and make sure that at least "Connect with Xbox Music" is On.

The other thing I found long ago with Microsoft is that you need the "Artist Album" tag filled appropriately. Just the "Artist" tag isn't enough. Why Microsoft does it that way? I have no clue.

Another thing you can do, is on your computer you can use either Media Player, Media Center, or Zune and have it updated all your tags for you from Microsoft's databases by going in the Options, Library settings and enable "Retrieve additional information from the internet" and select either options (Add missing or overwrite all). After you either manually or automatically updated the meta info, recopy your music to your phone.

SUGGESTION: Make a backup of all your music first!!!!! You may not like how it turns out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos