Media Monkey or Music Bee to manage Lumia 920 playlists/sync music

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I've read these are the two best ways to manage music on the 920. Which one are people using? Is one better than the other for making playists and getting them on the phone?

Thanks!

toddos

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget you can also use Windows Media Player. It's supported MTP syncing for years, and can sync playlists just fine.

maroonedWP

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm syncing music with Media Monkey but XBOX music changes some albums name. For example it changes a songs album to a Best of and i can't change that.

siulaymama

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
using musicbee here .. works fine. You won't be able to do song rating on the phone because of the limitation of WP8 standard media player. I personally like musicbee more than Media Monkey because it is just right in the area of features vs. balance vs. ease of use. Plus it is completely free.....

NathBird

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Tried MB, MM and WMP. WMP is far the most simple and least buggy, it Syncs what its supposed to and lists your music as I expect it. Using the Windows Phone Desktop app is next to useless

Anybody find that MB and MM display errors as soon as the device locks?

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to figure out to use MB yet and WMP wants to transfer all my music over rather than just the files I drag to the playlist/sync area. Even ITunes is easier use...any tips for MB? How do I even get it to recognize my phone is connected? Thanks

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to figure out to use MB yet and WMP wants to transfer all my music over rather than just the files I drag to the playlist/sync area. Even ITunes is easier use...any tips for MB? How do I even get it to recognize my phone is connected? Thanks

I think I had to download a plugin for MusicBee for it to recognize the Lumia...I could be mistaken.

...took me a few minutes but found MB pretty painless to use except for it picked up all the little sound files in my /Media/Movies/iTunes Extras or something. Had a lot of little files to remove from the interface.

LiveToSeeTheFuture

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
MediaMonkey has awesome tools for cleaning up MP3 tags and album art. I've used it for years for this purpose alone. It's nice to have another feature that I use it for now.

NathBird

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Have to enable discovery under preferences/options I think? Not certain though as I've since uninstalled it so cannot quickly check.

hdpinto

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Tried MB, MM and WMP. WMP is far the most simple and least buggy, it Syncs what its supposed to and lists your music as I expect it. Using the Windows Phone Desktop app is next to useless

Anybody find that MB and MM display errors as soon as the device locks?

I find WMP to be incredibly buggy. It freezes or hangs on "getting ready for sync" all the time, locks up itself and the WP8 Manager that automatically pops up too. I'm looking for an alternative.

lenindc

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Old post, but gotta say - MusicBee rocks!

I used to use Media Monkey a couple years back ardently until MusicBee came along and I was blown away by the non-commercial full fledged software. You just have to take some time to customise the GUI based preferences to your taste and syncing with the Lumias is a breeze! I sync it to a 'Lumia' playlist. Then MPATool comes handy to update the Artist image.

I am mildly OCD I guess, because my tracks on the PC are already well tagged with MusicBrainz Picard, Tagscanner, and levelled with MP3Gain. Then MusicBee imports them into an audio folder on the D: drive in a predefined folder organisation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6