Text message on Lock screen

Paul Natural

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
On the lumia 920, my text message comes on the lock screen, how do I change the settings so it wont actually say the message on the screen and only shows that i have a message?

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Go to lock screen in settings and choose another app (i.e. Calendar) to show detailed status on lock screen, and choose text to only show quick status

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You mean that you want to turn off the pop up notification at the top of the screen? Unfortunately, that can't be done at this time.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes unfortunately the top "toast" notifications can't be changed to only show you received a message.

I don't necessarily like having my text messages shown to the world on the lock screen, I just want to know I received a message...

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
But don't android and iPhone also do this? Wait, I know iPhone does (my mum is an iPhone user and has been since 3g?). Only way to change it on iPhone is to completely remove the notification (I have an iPod Touch so I get the notifications). Of course it still is a concern and needs to be addressed. I'm just saying competing platforms also do this. However this would be useful for me as well, with the amount of messages I get on Facebook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire