Orientation Lock

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
i had no clue what you guys were talking about until i just researched it. i didnt even know this was an option on my past phones, including GS3. Meh, i dont care much for it as a feature...i even doubt most of my friends are aware their phones have it.

tmccaghren

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I always get confused when people say "hardcore".
How are these guys different from us regular folk?

I'm never quite sure myself. For me personally, I rely on my phone for the obvious (call/text), but also for monitoring my work and personal emails (4 addresses), for gaming, video, and reading (the last 3 mostly when I don't have my tablet with me).

I use my android tablet as a laptop replacement, because I can use it for the above and for productivity when in conjunction with a BT keyboard. I ditched iPhone 5 and lte for a HTC trophy running WP 7.8 simply because I like the OS.

...Im a tech for my day job, so technology is a big part of my daily living. Is that hardcore?

Paarthurnax

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
UC Browser in wp gives you orientation lock...
Thank you for bringing that up, that Thing Looks really promising!

If some good ebook application also supports orientation lock then only one of my "Microsoft must fix this before I buy a WP" points remain (gapless Audio playback).

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for bringing that up, that Thing Looks really promising!

If some good ebook application also supports orientation lock then only one of my "Microsoft must fix this before I buy a WP" points remain (gapless Audio playback).

GDR 2 isn't gonna provide you new features, don't know about GDR3 but have faith in blue update. It actually looks very promising.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
There are situations where you want to lock the phone into a portrait orientation. Laying in bed is one of them, another is if you want to lie the phone on a "flat" surface that has enough slope to change the orientation, such as tray tables on planes and trains.

Everybody uses their phones differently, and it baffles me how many people are opposed to key features like orientation lock and notification center.

This.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte