Okay, where is my temple run?

Feel_IT

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
its cause htc 8s have 512 mb of ram it dont work on nokia lumia 620 as well cause it have 512 mb of ram it isnt htc s fault

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
well i dont know why same developers can make a game that can run on 256mb of ram on iOS and on 512mb of ram on android but cant make one that could run on 512 mb on windows phone..isnt that strange? they must hate microsoft and windows phone...

Why didn't you ask the same question to Imangi? Why can't they create game that requires only 512MB of RAM while there're many other games did so?

Feel_IT

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
i dont understand why temple run can work on 512 and even 256mb of ram on androind and iOS but can only work on 1gb of ram on windows phone and the developers are the same...how can that be like that ?

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
i dont understand why temple run can work on 512 and even 256mb of ram on androind and iOS but can only work on 1gb of ram on windows phone and the developers are the same...how can that be like that ?

My guess? They don't care about optimization on WP platform? May be?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
My guess? They don't care about optimization on WP platform? May be?
So what's the disconnect here? Android runs on a crazy number of devices with all kinds of hardware configurations. Why are developers finding it so hard to achieve decent performance and low memory usage on Windows Phone 8's two processors? All the 3D games released recently have low frame-rates. Games like this can't even run on 512MB of memory. If the developers can make it run on 256MB elsewhere but restrict it to 1GB here, Microsoft needs to fix the problem. That problem could be Microsoft's tools, it could be bad software development. Either way, this title was obviously chased by Microsoft themselves and they shouldn't have shipped a memory-hogging, non-XBL title.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So what's the disconnect here? Android runs on a crazy number of devices with all kinds of hardware configurations. Why are developers finding it so hard to achieve decent performance and low memory usage on Windows Phone 8's two processors? All the 3D games released recently have low frame-rates. Games like this can't even run on 512MB of memory. If the developers can make it run on 256MB elsewhere but restrict it to 1GB here, Microsoft needs to fix the problem. That problem could be Microsoft's tools, it could be bad software development. Either way, this title was obviously chased by Microsoft themselves and they shouldn't have shipped a memory-hogging, non-XBL title.

This title was not chased by Microsoft. WP8 users demanded it. Microsoft has nothing to do with the situation. I don't know about lag on temple run because I have not played it. But you can blame the developer not MS. And the tile bug it's evidence enough at who you should be angry. Microsoft does not ships they run an app store when anyone can publish. About the memory the idea is this. You have 1gb and 720p resolution and you have 512 and wvga resolution. So for the 512 version they should have come up with other assets for the textures and it would have worked. Now let's assume we have models and textures for both resolutions. You now have a game 1.5 times the original size(because you now have textures for lower resolution included in the game). You will have so big a game that people with lower space on their devices may not be convince to get it(incidentally the lower 512 ram devices also have less space). So they should have just put the game(without assets)in the market and then download the assets based on the resolution. But this requires their own servers and bandwidth and some more code. So they ruled against it. So if you want to blame someone blame the developer for trying to work as less as possible for as big a profit as they can.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

And you still think the requirement of a 3rd party application too high is Microsoft's fault? Am I missing something? Or is Temple Run Microsoft game? You guys demand for it. Microsoft told Imagi to make it. Now they make it as you wish? Do you want Microsoft to also ask Imagi to reduce requirement? And beg them to make it XBL title? So spoiled guy :-j

Feel_IT

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
This title was not chased by Microsoft. WP8 users demanded it. Microsoft has nothing to do with the situation. I don't know about lag on temple run because I have not played it. But you can blame the developer not MS. And the tile bug it's evidence enough at who you should be angry. Microsoft does not ships they run an app store when anyone can publish. About the memory the idea is this. You have 1gb and 720p resolution and you have 512 and wvga resolution. So for the 512 version they should have come up with other assets for the textures and it would have worked. Now let's assume we have models and textures for both resolutions. You now have a game 1.5 times the original size(because you now have textures for lower resolution included in the game). You will have so big a game that people with lower space on their devices may not be convince to get it(incidentally the lower 512 ram devices also have less space). So they should have just put the game(without assets)in the market and then download the assets based on the resolution. But this requires their own servers and bandwidth and some more code. So they ruled against it. So if you want to blame someone blame the developer for trying to work as less as possible for as big a profit as they can.

lol if u look on the web site u will see that
movement and directional sensor
HD720P (720x1280)
WVGA (480x800)
WXGA (768x1280)
all of this resolutions are supported for temple run(here is link Temple Run | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) and i think microsoft dont ewen care how the game runs they are just happy that they got it out now and microsoft should ask game developers to make a game possible on 512 mb device and obviously they didnt do that that s why i think it is their fault. If they can make it run on iOS with only 256mb then i bet they can make it run on wp8 with 512mb of ram..but microsoft dont care and didnt ask them to do that

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
lol if u look on the web site u will see that
movement and directional sensor
HD720P (720x1280)
WVGA (480x800)
WXGA (768x1280)
all of this resolutions are supported for temple run(here is link Temple Run | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) and i think microsoft dont ewen care how the game runs they are just happy that they got it out now and microsoft should ask game developers to make a game possible on 512 mb device and obviously they didnt do that that s why i think it is their fault. If they can make it run on iOS with only 256mb then i bet they can make it run on wp8 with 512mb of ram..but microsoft dont care and didnt ask them to do that

And you call that's Microsoft's fault because Imagi doesn't care about 512MB RAM devices while they can? Now that funny in the end :D

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
This title was not chased by Microsoft.
Is that why Belfiore was able to "preannounce" it? Microsoft obviously chased this title.

And you still think the requirement of a 3rd party application too high is Microsoft's fault?
Android → no 1GB RAM requirement
iOS → no 1GB RAM requirement
Windows Phone → 1GB RAM requirement

Please do the freaking math. There's clearly something wrong with how Windows Phone is dealing with storage and memory. And "spoilt"? I don't even own an Xbox, I could care less about achievements myself.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Is that why Belfiore was able to "preannounce" it? Microsoft obviously chased this title.

Android → no 1GB RAM requirement
iOS → no 1GB RAM requirement
Windows Phone → 1GB RAM requirement

Please do the freaking math. There's clearly something wrong with how Windows Phone is dealing with storage and memory. And "spoilt"? I don't even own an Xbox, I could care less about achievements myself.

Maths is simple - on dual or single core WP doesn't lag. Everything else lags or needs 4 or 8 cores!

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Android runs on a crazy number of devices with all kinds of hardware configurations. Why are developers finding it so hard to achieve decent performance and low memory usage on Windows Phone 8's two processors?
because Android was released in 2008 and WP8 released in 2012 that is why. it's not matured.
also the GPU in most WP8 is incredibly underpowered (last-gen) compared to the stuffs that are out now, esp iPhones which have the fastest mobile GPU in a phone.
also note that most android phones have huge quad core that could maybe do texture decompression on the fly so it doesn't require as much ram

I still don't get why you are blaming Microsoft for developer's issues. Would you blame Apple if Skydrive doesn't work on your iOS device?? no. so why would u blame Microsoft for Temple Run, something they have no control over?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
also the GPU in most WP8 is incredibly underpowered (last-gen) compared to the stuffs that are out now, esp iPhones which have the fastest mobile GPU in a phone.
Temple Run can run on crappy Android devices that have worse processors than the MSM8227. These mobile GPUs do not have some crazy effect on RAM.

I still don't get why you are blaming Microsoft for developer's issues. Would you blame Apple if Skydrive doesn't work on your iOS device?? no. so why would u blame Microsoft for Temple Run, something they have no control over?
I'm sorry, are you aware that the performance and incompatibility problems are not restricted to Temple Run? It's happened with just about every 3D game released over the past few months. WP8 has proven to be a disaster for games, when we initially thought native code and support for engines like Unity was going to turn the tide.

Oh, and just in: a streaming radio app I used to use, TuneIn, just lifted its requirement to 1GB of RAM. Can you seriously not see that there is something wrong here?

Maths is simple - on dual or single core WP doesn't lag. Everything else lags or needs 4 or 8 cores!
And if Microsoft needs to reserve quite a lot of memory to maintain a lag-free environment, it should have mandated 1GB of RAM, 8GB of storage, heck, even subsidised it on cheaper handsets like the 8S, 520, 620, etc.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Temple Run can run on crappy Android devices that have worse processors than the MSM8227. These mobile GPUs do not have some crazy effect on RAM.

I'm sorry, are you aware that the performance and incompatibility problems are not restricted to Temple Run? It's happened with just about every 3D game released over the past few months. WP8 has proven to be a disaster for games, when we initially thought native code and support for engines like Unity was going to turn the tide.

Oh, and just in: a streaming radio app I used to use, TuneIn, just lifted its requirement to 1GB of RAM. Can you seriously not see that there is something wrong here?

And if Microsoft needs to reserve quite a lot of memory to maintain a lag-free environment, it should have mandated 1GB of RAM, 8GB of storage, heck, even subsidised it on cheaper handsets like the 8S, 520, 620, etc.
Lets deal with the real,thing. Someone mentioned WP 8 launched 2012. Now WP8 SDK made online Late October 2012, companies start decide to start building apps, they bring in new folks to develop for Wp8. And so lets assume Jan '13 to be when the developers get their engines running. So we just three months away and we are seeing momentum on a 6 month old OS. Appreciate that first(MS/devs).

Now about the 512 vs 1gb saga, if you read through what the wp8 SDK has to offer(support to both 1gb and 512mb ram) you will learn that its the companies,who really want to get their apps up,and running for the flagships launched way before the 512's. So for a 620 launched month back give it a month or two.

Also if I recollect, unity engine support was,just mentioned a week back, so lets be patient.App/game Development is an art, and if the painting turned out not so good,blame to artist.

Feed the big fish first(jk).

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't see where the problem relies with MS. Unity is a middleware and they stated that they do not have a mature solution for WP8. I'm sure that common sense tells you that if you halve the resolution you halve the memory consumption. So you can halve the texture sizes and make the game run for wp8 devices with 512 ram. So it is fair to assume that it's a matter of development costs and in time a 512mb version will arrive.

Don't blame MS that a streaming app(tunein) requires 1gb devices. There are a lot of other streaming apps that do not need this. Clearly it can be done on 512 devices. Heck it runs on wp7 devices with less ram. So again shift your blame where it should be oriented.

Don't blame MS that whatsup use an ugly hack (background audio streaming to support fast resume) blame whatsapp. There are a lot of other im apps that proved it can be done so again the OS is not at fault here.

If MS would mandate 1gb ram(high end at the time wp8 was conceived on paper) you won't get cheap phones and oems need cheap devices. Again don't blame MS that is profitable for OEMs to make cheaper devices.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Like others mentioned, it's not MS's fault that those apps don't work on those devices. There are plenty of awesome apps that support 512 MBs perfectly. Why didn't imagi optimize it? Because they didn't feel like it.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i'm glad to see WP has a lot of enlightened users!
yeps that's pretty much it, MS has nothing to do with the fact developers didn't make 512Mb version for certain apps or if they use dirty tricks on others (whatsapp)...their part was making the apps policy for devs to follow, aside from that MS has nothing to do with devs decisions!

and why would Nokia stop making cheap devices to reach a bigger market just because of it? when you're buying a 512Mb budget device you know it wont run everything - and you're a fool to expect so!
if you want a device that runs EVERYTHING save some more money and buy a high-end!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb