Caller images / contact pictures not showing during phone call.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I only noticed this yesterday. When I make a phone call it doesn't show the contact picture on the screen when it's ringing or during the call. Is that normal? There is a huge square space where it looks like a caller image should be but I get nothing. When I get incoming calls I usually have the picture showing but I'm not 100% sure if it was for the same contact I was calling out too.

I called my girlfriend last night and her picture didn't show up. Her contact image is taken from her Facebook account. My aunt called me the other day and her picture showed up but she isn't on Facebook. I added her image via the phone and saved to hotmail.

so what's the deal?

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Its never been there when calling out or during a call. You're not missing anything

And obviously if she doesn't have Facebook it'll try to pull from your MSFT account or wherever you have her contact info saved. If there's no pic at all, then it'll be blank when someone calls you.

john phan

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
corret, it only shows the image if you got an incoming call but when you make outgoing call, you will not see the image. thanks. jp

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
OK cool. Thats fine. Is there a reason for that? Seems like they went out of their way to stop the caller image displaying when it so easily could have.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Well usually when you're talking on the phone, your face is against the screen and its off. Why would you need to see a picture then?

Second, if you're on the phone with them I assume you'll recognize their voice and not need a pic....

Just saying................

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Well usually when you're talking on the phone, your face is against the screen and its off. Why would you need to see a picture then?

Second, if you're on the phone with them I assume you'll recognize their voice and not need a pic....

Just saying................

I'll tell you why. Yesterday I was driving home. The phone was in a cradle and hooked up to my Bluetooth hands free kit. I hit the button on the hands free kit, tell the phone to call my girlfriend and just as the phone confirms who it's calling my sat nav starts telling me where I'm going. Then the phone starts ringing. I'm not 100% sure if I'm ringing the right person. It would be nice to just glance at the phone and see her face to know that the phone is doing what I asked.

Also, I have two kids. Two kids that never shut up. If they are in the car then it's just totally mayhem lol.

same when I'm at home. Would be nice to just have a quick glance and see I'm dialling the right person.

Its not a deal breaker though haha. I can live without it. Like I said in the original post, I only noticed recently. Very rare I need it. It's just that I've never had a phone that doesn't do it so it seems like Microsoft went out of there way not to include it. Wondered why.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll tell you why. Yesterday I was driving home. The phone was in a cradle and hooked up to my Bluetooth hands free kit. I hit the button on the hands free kit, tell the phone to call my girlfriend and just as the phone confirms who it's calling my sat nav starts telling me where I'm going. Then the phone starts ringing. I'm not 100% sure if I'm ringing the right person. It would be nice to just glance at the phone and see her face to know that the phone is doing what I asked.

Also, I have two kids. Two kids that never shut up. If they are in the car then it's just totally mayhem lol.

same when I'm at home. Would be nice to just have a quick glance and see I'm dialling the right person.

Its not a deal breaker though haha. I can live without it. Like I said in the original post, I only noticed recently. Very rare I need it. It's just that I've never had a phone that doesn't do it so it seems like Microsoft went out of there way not to include it. Wondered why.

ok, well instead of a picture you have the name of your contact as well as their phone number too.

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I use blue tooth headsets often. And it makes the phone look nice to see the picture while talking. If the logic is why show the picture if your "Talking" to that person than what is th epoint of video calling like skype and tango. It is nice to see pics of the people you are talking to in the call log and on the phone during a call. every one else does it. There is no functional benefit gained from removing this basic feature.

instantcoffe

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree. While using the speaker, it's just silly to not have a picture. Especially when you have kids that like to talk into your phone and keep asking "where did mom's picture go??"

dfeghali

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
So WP8 will not show any picture of your contact at all??
this is stupid, why not switching this stupid huge black square space for your contact pic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett