Where does WP 8 put files transfered via bluetooth?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
You're quite welcome. I don't even know how I came across this to tell you the truth... I realize that you mainly want to do this via email. I just dropped the docs in the Documents folder using USB from my laptop. I'm going to play around with the Skydrive angle myself to how that works.

raj_ks

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Finally, I found my files transferred through bluetooth

I also tried to transfer a two files (Photo0343.jpg and Photo0344.jpg) from my Samsung mobile to the Windows 8 OS. Initially, I was also searching at all locations for my files. Finally, I searched for my files using the windows search facility and found one of the files, Photo0344.jpg at the following location:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Temp\FSQ_xxxx.xxx

where xxxx.xxx can be any random number; you can search for FSQ_ folder.

But before you access your files, note the following key points:
1. AppData folder is hidden, and you need to enable your settings to view hidden files and folder.
2. DO NOT CLOSE THE BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFER WINDOW BEFORE COPYING TRANSFERRED FILES as the entire FSQ_xxxx folder and its files will be deleted on closing the window.
3. A single FSQ_xxxx folder is created for each transfer and all the files transferred at one time are placed in the same folder.
4. If you transfer multiple files in different transaction/attempts, multiple FSQ_xxxx folder will be created and the last FSQ_xxxx folder and its files will be deleted automatically after closing the bluetooth transfer window. Hence, copy all the files before closing the window.
5. Since the files are getting deleted, we do not need to worry about huge amount of unusable data lying in our hard disk, consuming our precious memory.
6. Its a defect in the MS OS and they need to take care of it.

Hope this helps.

Sztyepadzso

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok, i get it, with Lumia 920. You need the Pocket File Manager ((Version 2.5.3.0, (c) 2013 Amaze Pictures Inc)- they just got the 5 stars and the full download).
You can read about it, but with that, go to ROOT/Photo Library/Saved Pictures. There is the photo from bluetooth.

George Wolf

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Finally, I found my files transferred through bluetooth

I also tried to transfer a two files (Photo0343.jpg and Photo0344.jpg) from my Samsung mobile to the Windows 8 OS. Initially, I was also searching at all locations for my files. Finally, I searched for my files using the windows search facility and found one of the files, Photo0344.jpg at the following location:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Temp\FSQ_xxxx.xxx

where xxxx.xxx can be any random number; you can search for FSQ_ folder.

But before you access your files, note the following key points:
1. AppData folder is hidden, and you need to enable your settings to view hidden files and folder.
2. DO NOT CLOSE THE BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFER WINDOW BEFORE COPYING TRANSFERRED FILES as the entire FSQ_xxxx folder and its files will be deleted on closing the window.
3. A single FSQ_xxxx folder is created for each transfer and all the files transferred at one time are placed in the same folder.
4. If you transfer multiple files in different transaction/attempts, multiple FSQ_xxxx folder will be created and the last FSQ_xxxx folder and its files will be deleted automatically after closing the bluetooth transfer window. Hence, copy all the files before closing the window.
5. Since the files are getting deleted, we do not need to worry about huge amount of unusable data lying in our hard disk, consuming our precious memory.
6. Its a defect in the MS OS and they need to take care of it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Your reply helped me to solve this weird problem.

BTW weird problems is natural for Windowsanyversion

Pratyush Srivastava

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
hay Greg if it's file with MS Office file extensions you can go ahead on your phone and look at -> Office -> swipe or navigate to the "places" page -> here look for "Phone" tap on it -> You should find your File here. If it's a (*.zip) file as soon as the file gets transferred you will see a bar at the top saying "Tap & View" you'll be able to see the unzipped files but you can only view and save files extensions supported by MS Office.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
How to transfer pdf's in "documents" folder received from bluetooth?

I want to transfer large pdf's to the documents folder but after sending my pdf's from PC to phone, it is not in my documents folder but I can open it through adobe reader. Where do pdf's stored in internal memory?

I don't want tot use OneDrive because of bandwith/data cap
I don't want to use USB Cable because of "charge cycle".

Daee Hamid

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
install aerize explorer pro and make sure u uninstalled all other file managers even "files" from microsoft company
then if you receive a pdf or zip file now files go to "income folder" and you always have them

hope it helps :) :cool:

Matches Malone

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Translation : Once again basic phone functions are crippled because a bunch of companies need to have more control over your phone than you do.

Ridiculous.

no149

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm as frustrated as others (if not more since I couldn't complete an important job because of this ) about this and also some other unrelated issues that stem from the same root.

Anyway, I just need to know if upgrading to 8.1 puts an end to this and similar issues. Not that I'll await confirmation before upgrading, I just would like to be informed beforehand.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss