.doc file does not display correctly

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
My son’s school sends over a word attachment as a .doc file daily with pictures and a description of what they did for the day.

This will open on my WP but it does not display correctly. The pictures show as the tiny boxes (no image) and there are no words on the document. I thought that was normal (a mobile phone thing), but my wife could see it just fine on her iphone….she now has a 920 and can’t view it. I didn't realize she could see these on her iphone until she couldn't yesterday on her 920. I could never view them on my Titan II or now my 920.

If I open it through the web on a computer, everything is just fine.

I am very surprised as the WP has Office on it, so I don’t understand how this document does not open correctly.

Anyone have thoughts or a work around?

I attached a screenshot of how it opens.

wp_ss_20121129_0001.jpg

Last edited:

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
it does not open correctly for a number of reasons...one being that they are probably using a .doc file used from another word processor or the .doc file is in an older format...like word pre 2003

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
also make sure you send yourself a .doc file to see if the problem is with everything...if it works for u and the file u sent yourself then its the school and the program or year version they are using

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out and its because the file must have been saved in word 97-2003....I attached some pictures with some random words and sent it to myself and my phone produced the same blank icons yours have above...hopefully u see this

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out and its because the file must have been saved in word 97-2003....I attached some pictures with some random words and sent it to myself and my phone produced the same blank icons yours have above...hopefully u see this

Thanks for looking into that, and taking the additional steps. This is kind of a bummer. I do find it odd that it works on the iphone. I don't imagine the school will be upgrading to a newer version of office any time soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo