Can't purchase apps. Help.

rick98761

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a major windows 8/surface RT windows Id issuse.
The other day I moved the gamertag that was auto generated for me off my primary windows id I had been using for Win8/RT. I moved the unwanted gamer tag to a live id created just for this purpose. Then I moved the gamer tag I do use off an old hotmail account to my current windows id. The steps I took are detailed here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billi...soft-account#3c7e0dbd0aa74138a80fbb40dacce719
That worked great.
It didn't inform me all windows store app and subscriptions travel with the gamer tag, so now everything I have bought and my SkyDrive are linked to a junk live id. That not the big deal though. Its $20 max. (Although I wouldn't mind getting it back)
The problem is it took my payment methods along too. Easy enough right? Just re add them. Thing is I can't. Whenever I try to click add payment method in the windows store tile on any of my PCs or surface I get a generic "can not add payment method" error before I can even type in any details. Weird thing is I can add them fine on my Lumia 920 and Xbox. They show up fine at billing.microsoft.com and I cam purchase with them. I bought apps on wp8 and SkyDrive storage on the website just fine. No matter how much I mess with the store tile on windows 8/rt it will not allow me to get a payment method setup. I've tried from 2 PCs and my surface. I even did a clean format on a PC that needed it anyway.
I've spent over 4 hours on the phone and just keep getting booted around departments after the customer service/tech support reps run out of ideas. I've tried twitter, and the Microsoft Support communities. Any ideas? Or anyone that can get me in contact with someone who knows what's up?
I've really been enjoying my switch from iPhone, iPad, Macbook to WP8, Surface, Desktop, xbox until the last few days when this cropped up. If I can't regain the ability to buy apps for my desktop and tablet I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It seems like there are 100 tech support departments at Microsoft and they all are only able to access certain information. I have seriously spoken with more then 5 agents for a total over 4 hours on the phone. I blew half a day off working on this and it got me absolutely nothing. I'm leaving town in a few days and would love to have this all sorted out by then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett