Multiple Account Issues

red.foxx15

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
To start off i am completely new to Windows Phone.

I just purchased a Nokia Lumia 822.

I started off by using my xbox live account (account A) so my games tile would be connected with my xbox.
Next i noticed that it was using account A to connect to things like One Note Office 365 and SharePoint when i needed it to be using account B
Finally the email for my work is hosted on an exchange server using account C.

an issue i think I also have is account B and account C both use the same domain name but the MX records for the domain point to the exchange server so authentication isnt working for account B because its not trying to talk to the correct server.

Anyone have any solutions?

Blair McGregor

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Use the migration option on your Xbox account to move it to live account B, add account C as an Exchange account in email. Your phone will need to be setup again with acct B tho...

red.foxx15

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
attempting to log in with account B's credentials returns an "incorrect email or password". I have confirmed that the username and password are both correct as i am able to log into office 365 using these credentials.

jdefuria

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I am confused about how many different account domains you have set up.

All all of your accounts on the same domain, (like @mydomain.com?) Or is your A account a completely different domain.

Are each of these accounts also Microsoft Accounts?

All I can say is that my email is hosted by Office365 with my own domain. I also have a Microsoft account with the same user ID as the Office365 account. Example:

me@mydomain.com is my user ID for both Office365 and Microsoft Accounts. NOTE: these are actually two distinct accounts.

Also note that I cannot use outlook.com email or contacts...only Skydrive and calendar. Once you set-up a hosted Office365 account with your own domain, you lose the ability to utilize outlook.com email and address book.

So, my windows phone is tied to "me@mydomain.com " ID. However, I do not sync email, contacts or calendar with my Microsoft acconut. I sync them only with my outlook365 account (which has the same user ID).

Make sense?

red.foxx15

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My error seems to be that i assumed Office 365 accounts were Microsoft accounts. I've talked to my boss and he agrees that we should start using Office 365 for our email accounts since the one reason he was using a different exchange service is now available with Office 365

jdefuria

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
You are correct...they are not microsoft accounts. However, you CAN set up a new microsoft account that is the same as your office365 account. However, the catch is (as previously mentioned), you will not be able to log into outlook.com with your microsoft account if that same ID is an office 365 account. I believe MS uses the same domain for both office365 and outlook.com, which causes the conflict. You can however log into Skydrive.com or account.live.com.

It's a pretty silly annoyance...the accounts are different by they are "incompatible." I mean, the ONLY account IDs that are a problem with outlook.com are microsofts OWN 365 hosted exchange accounts! Any other hosted exchange account wouldn't be a problem. This issue has been raised repeatedly for quite some time on the office365 forums...so microsoft is clearly aware of it...though I don't know if they will address it.

I'm still trying to work out exactly what practical issues this may cause with Windows phone, and other "Microsoft account" devices like Windows 8 and Windows RT....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa