3G and H in status Bar - why H? T-mobile/EE user UK

UKBRIT

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone (920) for 2 days, coming from iphone4 so i'm getting used to how different it is. Some things are amazing, love the people hub and live tiles seem to be working for me.

I am using t-mobile in UK and am suprised that my connection even when i'm at home and using wi-fi has the letter H. I'm not a techie so have no idea what HSDPA is let alone know if this is okay or If I have a problem with my set up. I have set 3G as my fastest connection speed and my network in settings is showing as EE so anyone help with why it's showing H.

Also, battery so far has been really poor. I ran it down completely last night and charged it overnight, it's now at 100% but only showing 10 hours battery life. iphone just about got my through a day so i'm hoping this will improve. As soon as I start using the phone, the drainage is remarkable...it's no good having a phone like this is it can barely be used!

3G Your phone is connected to a 3G network (network service).
H An HSDPA/HSUPA data connection (network service) is open.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
H is faster than 3G and H+ is faster than H. Nothing to worry about. Your connection is good.

As for the battery issues. I had plenty of drain when I first got the phone. Turned off NFC (Tap & Share) and then all was good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle