Security Camera systems with Windows Phone apps?

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Due to some recent crimes in and around my apartment building in Chicago, I have been looking for a DIY home security system with cameras, similar to the system offered by Logitech. I want the ability to monitor the system through my phone though and all of the systems that I am finding seem to only offer apps for iOS, Android, and some for Blackberry. Does anyone know of any DIY security camera systems that have apps available for Windows Phone?

Thanks,
Bellyer

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I do not know of any. Given the increased user base of WP you may see one come out. Until then I would imagine those same companies offer a web based solution. If they do make sure its not a Flash based application or it will not work.

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Phil - Since you are using it for a nursery, is it safe to assume that you can get audio as well, or is it video only?

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I don't know. We have regular baby monitors for audio though the Foscam unit we bought has connections for a mic and speaker for 2 way audio. Not sure if the audio will play through the WP8 app or not.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what your requirements are, but most camera systems have a Web Portal that can be set up for remote access from any web browser. And most of these are viewable on mobile devices.

Is this not enough to satisfy what you need?

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
We have a Zmodo camera system at home and I use Asee to view them. Seems to work fine but does not support Audio through the App

daniel paul1

May 1, 2013
Visit site
please have a look at logitech alert system. High performance system with android, iphone and blackberry (hopefully windows some time to come). Their web portal is alert.logitech.com and there no way to use windows phone either...i triend with my lumia 920...no chance.
When it comes to several other ip cams, i found no applic allowing to pan the camera, nor to hear sound or speak through cam loudspeaker. Many applics with android.....developpers, pls hurry up...thanks.

FlorianMUC

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi all - good news! D-link is working on a windows phone app for their ip cams... as read on the d-link connected home resource center.
Should be released the next days... weeks... go there and encorurage them! :)

planoman

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I just got my lumia 1020 and have tried several of the free apps to view my home security camera (8 of them). I travel some for work and like to be able to check in. has anyone found any reliable apps that can accomplish this? I do not mind paying for an app if I know it will work. Many of the free one from mtech etc are not working. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

flappy93

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I've been using an app called Salient Eye. I installed it for free on my old Samsung Galaxy that I didn't use anymore, and now I just use it as a security camera when I leave the house.
I've tested it and it works great, really monitors with a motion detector and sends me an alert with photos when it detects movement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234