WP8 Tap to download email pictures??? How to Change??

desertstriker

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone im curious if there is a way to change how emails arrive on my nokia lumia 920. I noticed i will get an email, and when i open it all the pictures will read "Tap to Download". Is there anyway or setting i can set to have my emails automatically download all pictures so when i open the email up its already fully downloaded pictures and all?

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Fix implies broken, its by design to conserve on data usage, however, I do agree that an option would be nice and why it doesn't when on WiFi I have no clue lol

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Right, it is done for data and security purposes. I don't want images coming up on my phone that is linked to some shady stuff after a stupid friend clicks on a link in gmail that says click here and we will send you 1 million from your long lost uncle.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone im curious if there is a way to change how emails arrive on my nokia lumia 920. I noticed i will get an email, and when i open it all the pictures will read "Tap to Download". Is there anyway or setting i can set to have my emails automatically download all pictures so when i open the email up its already fully downloaded pictures and all?

this has to do with security type used in WP and BB no way around it

Kei Square

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
the reason the phone does this... save on data, and speeds up on push notifications... it's better off this way... you wouldn't want 7 days of junk mail taken up all that space on your phone.... full of ads...

desertstriker

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
ah gotcha it makes sense. No biggie just spent some time fiddling around with it last night looking for a setting to change it and could not find one, thanks everyone for your help and answers!

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Right, it is done for data and security purposes. I don't want images coming up on my phone that is linked to some shady stuff after a stupid friend clicks on a link in gmail that says click here and we will send you 1 million from your long lost uncle.

never considered security but a very good point

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think there is a work around if you add the sender's email to your address book? Something like trusted contact and the images then show up? I will try to confirm this.

timjcooper

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Any news on this?
I get an email full of pictures but they are also links, when I click on them to download pictures the browser loads and I get taken to the site. How do I read my email?

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Outlook 2013 for windows pc allows to add a sender as trusted. And then on all the images from that contact will always be downloaded. That would be great to have on wp8 email. This also annoys me.

ikalinin

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
i have to agree..
i've bee using the 928 since my Z10 got water damaged, and i'm very disappointed in this "download images" nonsense.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The tap to download is there for good reason. Most people do not have unlimited data, and downloading the images and other attachments automatically puts the use of your data in the hands of the people sending you email, including spammers. Even people you trust sometimes can add large attachments - attachments that you may not wish to download to the phone, so trusting by sender is a different situation than trusting by sender on a PC. Making attachments download by tapping the images is a wise decision.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
May I say Ikalinin- well done for digging this thread and using the search function on this forum to bring up a year old thread! You are now one of my favourite members on WPCentral ;)

A worthy first post on WPCentral, welcome! :)

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
i have to agree..
i've bee using the 928 since my Z10 got water damaged, and i'm very disappointed in this "download images" nonsense.
it does suck! I always have to tap on the pics to see them sometimes it doesn't work. Wish there was a work around. I would not mind seeing my email pics with out having to tap on them first so lame. It takes up to much data? How much really?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Because that one tap is so difficult, and takes so much time and effort? Really??

The reasons for tap to download are good ones, and outweigh the difficulty of tapping one image.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720