Send email from alias email address in WP8?

hwangeruk

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
In WP7.x when I reply to mails sent to an alias, it mails from my primary account (aggh)
Have they changed this in WP8? Seems stupid even in WP7.x that replies don't come from the alias address they were sent to!

derDaniel

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I would also like to know if there is such an options.
I have multiple alias which are very important to me.

But I can only send from my standart @hotmail name.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a default @live.com account and an @outlook.com alias. Currently, the only way (with outlook.com and WP, at least) to send email from that alias is via the web interface.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a default @live.com account and an @outlook.com alias. Currently, the only way (with outlook.com and WP, at least) to send email from that alias is via the web interface.
On outlook.com you can now change the default From address to your alias. That way, any mail you sent from your outlook account will be sent from the alias; even on your devices.

The disadvantage is that you won't be able to sent any mail from your main address any more, so it's not a solution for people who want to switch between addresses - you have to choose one address. However if your goal is to sent messages from your alias and use your main account as a login ID only, it works perfect.

hwangeruk

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Nah, that's not what we want.
I want the reply to an email, to come from the alias address it was sent to.

Or.. pick the alias I want to send from when I create the email.
You can do all of this in the web interface.

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been searching for this too. There's a setting in Gmail, and subsequently the app on Android, that lets me reply from whichever email was the reciever.

All my emails were forwarded to gmail, and so all were aliases. So when an email was received from A at B and I hit reply, it'd automatically reply from A (though it's sent from B). Is there a way to do this in Outlook or the native app? I'm still searching, but would be great however.

Rus Yates_Aylott

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes. This really is an issue.
Come on Microsoft this really needs sorting
I have several aliases in Outlook.com and through a desktop pc I can receive on any alias and reply using another if I so choose. This was also a standard feature in Outlook2010.
However, on my WP8 device, I am lumbered with having to send from my default address assigned in Outlook.com. This is really limiting and seems like a daft oversight.

Can we expect an update to this effect?

manzanotti

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Would I be correct in assuming that there is still no resolution for this? I'm basically reduced to only ever reading email on my phone, or if it's an absolute emergency and I have to reply asap, then I log in to Gmail in the browser, which does rather suck.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't actually tried it, but wouldn't it possibly work to just add your alias as an additional email account and reply/send from there?

Alkaziel

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
On my phone (WP8.1 but the same goes for 8), replies are sent using the alias the mail has been received by in the first place...
Why don't you give it a try? :)

Rus Yates_Aylott

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Kind of negates the need for Outlook.com don't you think? (if you have to set up loads of individual accounts to receive/send on/from.

I thought Outlook.com, whether on the PC, in the cloud or on a mobile device was supposed to cetralise everything so that you would have one account, into which poured all your email (which could be filtered into folders) and then when replying or creating new mail you would simply choose which account (or alias) you wanted to use (so the 'reply-to' field ensured replies came back to the correct place)

Really? Is it THAT difficult?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos