Terrible Facebook Chat connection?

MisterRhino

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

So i did some extensive testing with the Facebook integration and it seems this is a feature that makes allot of sense, however, annoying in some ways.

The way it works is that you need to speak to someone through messages first, to get their messages coming through. This is so when you're using your desktop computer, you dont get heaps of chat notifications when you're talking to that person on your computer or some other way, when you've already seen them. Im not sure whether there is a timer that resets this feature, or you just have to say something to someone through chat.

So over all this is a good feature, however maybe a timer of not 30minutes of no more messages being sent from another device, could reset it so you get new messages coming through

I hope this helps everyone.

Selfdestructo Bust

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Messages not coming through the Facebook chat integration of the phone. Such a shame because it is a really neat feature, but as for now it's unreliable.

My solution was pinning the messaging area of the Facebook app. The resulting tile takes me directly to the messages section of the app (which seems to sync fine).

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Been suffering these same issues since I got my WP7, quite a long time ago now.

(bar the FB app crashing, it's been stable in that department but I find it lacking in features).

D2

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
If at least facebook push worked, we could get a reliable counter of unread messages. It's frustrating that I need to periodically launch the app every 10 minutes to check for new messages (destroying the point of live tiles).

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
If at least facebook push worked, we could get a reliable counter of unread messages. It's frustrating that I need to periodically launch the app every 10 minutes to check for new messages (destroying the point of live tiles).

I've noticed a consistent 15 minute delay of push notifications from the Facebook app.

iN8ter

Banned
Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, most information in this thread is wrong. Balls got it right, Windows 8 has the same issues, btw.

Facebook chat in the Messaging hub is worthless. It's the same thing on Windows 8. If the Hub is open, it seems to work fine while you're in it. However, when it's closed there are tons of issues with missed notifications or missing messages in the thread. This also happens in the Windows 8 Messaging Hub, FWIW (been experiencing it since launch).

The WP FBC issues are as old as the FBC integration itself. It has ALWAYS been broken, literally. It's part of the reason why I went back to Android following Mango release. As I moved most SMS to FB Chat Windows Phone made it impossible to efficiently communicate with the people I talk to.

Also, Microsoft integration/app does not keep pace with Facebook Messenger. No Seen tags or picture transfer.

Old issue. Always been there. Doubt it will be fixed soon, if it's apparently still there now. Yes, it's a pretty embarrassing issue for them, IMO, as the FBC integration was a huge selling point but turned out to be too much of a hassle to be worth it - given FB is not developing for the platform.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
^funny, I've never had issues with FBC. Works flawlessly. I use to chat with my gf all the time and switch back and forth between FBC and SMS.

I love how people just blanket their problems with WP on everyone.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, most information in this thread is wrong. Balls got it right, Windows 8 has the same issues, btw.

Facebook chat in the Messaging hub is worthless. It's the same thing on Windows 8. If the Hub is open, it seems to work fine while you're in it. However, when it's closed there are tons of issues with missed notifications or missing messages in the thread. This also happens in the Windows 8 Messaging Hub, FWIW (been experiencing it since launch).

The WP FBC issues are as old as the FBC integration itself. It has ALWAYS been broken, literally. It's part of the reason why I went back to Android following Mango release. As I moved most SMS to FB Chat Windows Phone made it impossible to efficiently communicate with the people I talk to.

Also, Microsoft integration/app does not keep pace with Facebook Messenger. No Seen tags or picture transfer.

Old issue. Always been there. Doubt it will be fixed soon, if it's apparently still there now. Yes, it's a pretty embarrassing issue for them, IMO, as the FBC integration was a huge selling point but turned out to be too much of a hassle to be worth it - given FB is not developing for the platform.
picture transfer is just fine. But does miss a lot of messages.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Is it normal that it shows that im logged on pc fb when im on phone ?
I mean instead of phone near your name it shows green dot.

lexmarq

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the integrated Facebook chat is working perfectly again for me. All messages have been successfully delivered to my phone for the whole of today. I'll continue to monitor and see if the situation has finally improved!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs