Text Messaging ?

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a text messaging, not so much issue, but have noticed a couple changes in the way text messages are handled on my HTC 8x. I am not sure if this is a change in WP8 or if it is something Verizon has done. With WP7.5 and prior, when I received a text message from an email address, the phone would see the email address as the sender, hence would allow me to reply back and treat it as any other message. But now the phone seems not to recognize the email address and attributes the sender to profile named 6245. The other thing I noticed is that text messaging across Bluetooth is not available. Again not sure if this is WP8 or Verizon. I used to be able to connect to Ford SYNC and the system would read me my text message when I received one. I could then either ignore it or reply with a generic response from Ford SYNC. In my opinion a very useful feature in the car.
Are anyone on AT&T or T-Mobile seeing the same things regarding texting?

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I am on AT&T and I am unable to text to an email address. I was able to do it on the iphone but not on the lumia 920. Not that big of a deal for me since that person also has facebook chat and I just use that instead but I could see how this could be an issue with people. I am hoping that it will come soon.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am on AT&T and I am unable to text to an email address. I was able to do it on the iphone but not on the lumia 920. Not that big of a deal for me since that person also has facebook chat and I just use that instead but I could see how this could be an issue with people. I am hoping that it will come soon.

i just sent myself a text message to my email account. i went into messaging and instead of putting in a number i put in my email address. i received the text in email. and i am on at&t.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I did not explain it correctly. I can send a text to an email address. When someone sends me a text message using their email, it used to come up in my text messages as a text with their email address showing as the sender. I could then reply directly from that chat. Now it shows up as the sender being an address of 6245 rather than the email address. Which means I cant reply from that chat window. I have to create a new text message.

See what happens when you send an email from your email address and send it to your text message address.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I did not explain it correctly. I can send a text to an email address. When someone sends me a text message using their email, it used to come up in my text messages as a text with their email address showing as the sender. I could then reply directly from that chat. Now it shows up as the sender being an address of 6245 rather than the email address. Which means I cant reply from that chat window. I have to create a new text message.

See what happens when you send an email from your email address and send it to your text message address.

it's an at&t thing i think. when i replied to the text i sent to my email, i got a text on my phone from "1-410-000-001". i sent the same email to text to my sisters android phone and she got it with the same number also.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
it's an at&t thing i think. when i replied to the text i sent to my email, i got a text on my phone from "1-410-000-001". i sent the same email to text to my sisters android phone and she got it with the same number also.

So on AT&T, you guys never had that feature. I guess will have to see if someone with WP7.5 on Verizon can still do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire