A few questions about the Nokia Lumia 810 for T-Mobile

Asad2071

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I recently upgraded from the Nokia E73 Mode to the Nokia Lumia 810, my first ever "smart phone" and I'm already having problems which I hope can be clarified in this forum/thread.

1. Supposedly this phone supports USB "drag & drop", but it doesn't seem to fully work for me. An example, with my previous phone I connected via USB cable and dragged computer files (Audio, Video, and Images) from my computer to the memory card of my phone. I can do this with this phone, but only somewhat. Once it's been "copied" to the SD card, I can't really edit the file from there. If I try renaming a music file for example, the window freezes saying "Program Not Responding". If I try to delete the file, it doesn't delete it either. Another big issue is once it's in my Nokia Lumia's SD card and I right-click it from my PC to edit an image with Photoshop, I can't do it. There's no "Open With..." feature. The same with audio files, I can't open with anything other than Windows Media Player, which I don't use. So does this phone really support "drag & drop" or is this just false advertising?

2. How does one change the message tone? If a so-called "inferior" phone like the Nokia E73 Mode could do it, easily, why can't the superior Windows 8 smart phone do it? The same with an actual ringtone. How does one change it?

I actually do love this phone, but the whole lack of file manager and it's inability to "drag & drop" files for me disappoints.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
1. I don't know, I don't own a WP8, but I do own a WP7... so moving swiftly on.

2. In WP7, you had to edit the genre to "ringtone" and it had to meet various other constraints (less than 1MB file size, less than 40 seconds length, I think it also has to be either MP3/WMA format too). Then, you could just drag the ringtone onto the phone (with WP7, you use Zune). Hopefully, this will work for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)