Is there a way to remove Facebook icon from People Hub?

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Are the people seeing the Facebook logo only people who have not synced a Facebook account? I have never ever seen this.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Are the people seeing the Facebook logo only people who have not synced a Facebook account? I have never ever seen this.

You will see it eventually. If you have 300 contacts with pictures that facebook icon is just one of 301 pictures that will flip through there.... if you only had 5 contacts with pictures you would see it a lot more.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Look, I know a bunch of you think I'm OCD about this, but all I would like is a choice. People Hub is a premier live tile and my "choices" are to make it small or not use it. I hope this type of advertisements don't spread to other live tiles. Since there does not seem to be a fix I will contact Nokia and Microsoft to see if there is anything that can be done. I will post back if I get any where for those that care.

That seems to be one of the major problems I am seeing on these forums. We are getting a lot of Android users that are used to being able to customize everything on their phone. I have used android and the settings and menus are just incredible, if you are into all that.. However, Microsoft and Windows phone attempted to grab the niche in the market for people who just want fairly basic options and ease of use. People have to understand that WP has options and functions that satisfy the majority of users.

BigRThanHuge

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That seems to be one of the major problems I am seeing on these forums. We are getting a lot of Android users that are used to being able to customize everything on their phone. I have used android and the settings and menus are just incredible, if you are into all that.. However, Microsoft and Windows phone attempted to grab the niche in the market for people who just want fairly basic options and ease of use. People have to understand that WP has options and functions that satisfy the majority of users.

This seems to be a major problem in these forums, people assuming everyone that has issues or complains is an android user, iPhone user or a troll. If you would have read all my posts you would see I came from a Lumia 710, so yeah that's android. If I didn't mind having advertisements jammed down my throat, I would be on android.

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The Windows Phone 8 was built with the Social Networks embedded into the operating system so no! Every contact you add who is linked into a social network will show them as part of those social networks unless you plan on blocking them all... I could be missing something or you'll have to wait till Microsoft builds in a unsocial switch...

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
This seems to be a major problem in these forums, people assuming everyone that has issues or complains is an android user, iPhone user or a troll. If you would have read all my posts you would see I came from a Lumia 710, so yeah that's android. If I didn't mind having advertisements jammed down my throat, I would be on android.

If you think a teeny tiny facebook icon that flips up every 15 minutes is advertisements being "jammed down your throat," then I don't know what to tell you.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I shouldn't have assumed you were an android user. However, I still stand by my statement that it seems a lot of people want custimization options that WP just doesn't offer.

BigRThanHuge

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you think a teeny tiny facebook icon that flips up every 15 minutes is advertisements being "jammed down your throat," then I don't know what to tell you.

If is was every 15 minutes that wouldn't be so bad. Its more like every 15 seconds. I guess I need more friends.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Ah ****, I just noticed at FB icon on my Live tile after not looking at my phone for a couple of hours. I HATE THIS PHONE NOW!!! GO AWAY FB ICON!! GO AWAY!

gregsen88

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
you have to see it from another perspective: every time the facebook icon flips you missed the chance to see a friends picture. Thats not a big deal but without it the peoples hub would be perfect :)

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen the FB icon in a couple of weeks now. Maybe it gave up on me? Maybe it has to do with Portico? I don't know. Just happy I don't see it.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If it is supposed to be the "people" hub, why show an icon for anything, if you have a synced account, it will show up, else is shouldn't show anything. I have to agree, I use my phone for contacting my wife, work, and then music and angry birds, then some facebooking and twitter reading, NOT the other way around, this isn't down into android style customization, why show an icon for something you don't have an account for in the live tile? If you open it and scroll, sure, have it be there an empty, but the point of the live tile is to update you on what you have, not what they EXPECT you to have. Seems a bit overboard on the facebook push, I kinda have to agree. Yes it is a first world problem, but it is also on a first world device, if I'm paying for a first world device it better meet my first world expectations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786