Is there a way to remove Facebook icon from People Hub?

BigRThanHuge

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a Facebook icon that cycles in my People live tile. I don't have a Facebook account. I know its picky but I hate having things forced on me like this. Its like an add that you can't get rid of. Any help would be welcome.

BigRThanHuge

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I looked all over and can't find it. It must be in a place we don't have access to. Funny thing, I never noticed this on my 710. I did a reset on that and now it is showing there as well. I hate this crap.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't ever seen it.... I'd have to wonder if you have a friend who is using it as a profile pic on either twitter, linkedin, facebook, or something like that....

I'd die laughing if you told me that Zuckerburg was on your friend list. :evil:

BigRThanHuge

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No FB app installed here. No twitter or linkedin either. The only account I currently have setup is my windows live account. One thing I noticed when digging around is there is a hidden folder called Profile Picture when you go to change a contacts profile picture. Only that contacts picture is visible. It does not show when browsing the phone so it looks like it must be stored somewhere not user accessible. I do have one contact that has a windows phone that I know is an active FB user so that could be it, but I don't think so because he is in my wife's contacts and it is not showing on her phone. Also my old 710 did not do this until I reset it and it is using a new windows live account so I don't think it is attached to me. One other thing, I did do a reset on my 810 and did not notice it before the reset. It could be something getting pulled down during the reset process. I guess I can't truly make my phone my own. Ha.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I have no Facebook account, no contacts who would have a Facebook account linked to them, and I get the stupid "F" flipping in my people hub as well.

I unpinned the tile because, really, its in the phone app if I need it, but I agree that it's annoying. Not everyone who owns a smartphone has a stupid Facebook or Twitter account.

BigRThanHuge

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have no Facebook account, no contacts who would have a Facebook account linked to them, and I get the stupid "F" flipping in my people hub as well.

I unpinned the tile because, really, its in the phone app if I need it, but I agree that it's annoying. Not everyone who owns a smartphone has a stupid Facebook or Twitter account.

I'm in the same boat. I made a group called people but it has 25 contact limit and only 3 long rows and animations are not as nice as the real people hub.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This is seriously some white/first world people problems right here. You know you can always make the tile smaller and not see anything, right?

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I camp on my home screen, watching my tiles flip! It's what I live for! And there you are, you guys not liking it :(

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The FB logo pops up because one of your friends is using it as his/her profile photo.

I'm pretty sure it's just part of the ME tile. The more contacts you have with pictures, the less and less you will see it pop up in the rotation. That's my working theory anyway since I don't have any contacts with it and it shows up from time to time. Totally a #firstworldproblem if it bugs you though, IMO.

BigRThanHuge

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Look, I know a bunch of you think I'm OCD about this, but all I would like is a choice. People Hub is a premier live tile and my "choices" are to make it small or not use it. I hope this type of advertisements don't spread to other live tiles. Since there does not seem to be a fix I will contact Nokia and Microsoft to see if there is anything that can be done. I will post back if I get any where for those that care.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Look, I know a bunch of you think I'm OCD about this, but all I would like is a choice. People Hub is a premier live tile and my "choices" are to make it small or not use it. I hope this type of advertisements don't spread to other live tiles. Since there does not seem to be a fix I will contact Nokia and Microsoft to see if there is anything that can be done. I will post back if I get any where for those that care.

It's all good. I tease ya a bit, but I don't have a problem that it bothers you. If I didn't use facebook it might actually bother me too... I dunno.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb