Repair - protect my data

tom0208

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi I need to repair my Nokia 920. The repair center request my password.
I have all my email accounts, text, etc. on this phone and a lot of stuff. I don't want to delete all my private files. Any chance to make a full backup and restore under WP8?

Thanks.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah theres a backup function on WP8 in Settings, if ticked it updates continously.

Then just hard reset the device so its totally cleared.

You still have to set up your homescreen though, but texts etc should all return once you start your device again after repair.

Pictures and video you can just drag/drop to a PC using the USBcable, or sync to Skydrive.

Etcetera.

Last edited:

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi I need to repair my Nokia 920. The repair center request my password.
I have all my email accounts, text, etc. on this phone and a lot of stuff. I don't want to delete all my private files. Any chance to make a full backup and restore under WP8?

Thanks.

There is no way to do full back up on windows phone 8......

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
fardream: what does it lack? the way the homescreen was organized I know doesnt get saved, but what else?

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
No, not to a full "restore state". Now all your SMS, contact, app list/data and docs will sync to the cloud If it was enabled, but you'll need to download apps again, passwords and such.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, apps technically should download themselves (at least mine did). Not all, though, its weird like that.

Fair point about game data and preferences.

But thats merely time, not a big deal like losing all your photos and conversations :) . Though I agree its ridicolous and should be fully up-backable :p .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786