What the **** is going on with my windows phone.

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
This has gotten to the point where I am ready to throw my Lumia across the room. Live tiles won't update. I can't pin things to the start menu. Ill try to scroll to the top or bottom of my start screen and the icons either won't show up, then will suddenly appear, or will be a blue square then finally appear. The app list will have gray squares instead of the app icons then show the app icons, it's irritating the crap out of me. Anyone know anything about any of it?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the issue where the icons don't appear for a second when scrolling through the start screen. I think that one's normal, and it happens when you have a certain amount of tiles pinned.

Everything else doesn't seem right. I assume you've tried a reboot. If that didn't fix it then you may have to do a hard reset. Could be a hardware issue as well.

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the issue where the icons don't appear for a second when scrolling through the start screen. I think that one's normal, and it happens when you have a certain amount of tiles pinned.

Everything else doesn't seem right. I assume you've tried a reboot. If that didn't fix it then you may have to do a hard reset. Could be a hardware issue as well.

But it's only started doing this recently. It never did this in my first few months of having it. It's really annoying and it's one of those things that reminds me that it's just code being executed, rather than a cohesive functioning program. That sounds weird, but iOS just has a level of interaction that isn't broken by glitches like this.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
But it's only started doing this recently. It never did this in my first few months of having it. It's really annoying and it's one of those things that reminds me that it's just code being executed, rather than a cohesive functioning program. That sounds weird, but iOS just has a level of interaction that isn't broken by glitches like this.

Well then that's strange. Something is definitely wrong. Unfortunately I would recommend a hard reset.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you have 100 000 apps pinned to the start screen? If so, you might want to give the phone a break. If not, hard reset is probably the way to go.

Planblover08

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
This has gotten to the point where I am ready to throw my Lumia across the room. Live tiles won't update. I can't pin things to the start menu. Ill try to scroll to the top or bottom of my start screen and the icons either won't show up, then will suddenly appear, or will be a blue square then finally appear. The app list will have gray squares instead of the app icons then show the app icons, it's irritating the crap out of me. Anyone know anything about any of it?
I've been having the same problem. Hard resetting didn't help me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans