03-16-2014 04:49 PM
40 12
tools
    Amazing Music in the WP Store. It doesn't deal with playlists, you get to choose what songs you want to stream. Like a Spotify service for free.
    odoggyfresh likes this.
    12-16-2012 09:49 AM
    just bought my 822 yesterday. tried out the windows phone software for windows 7. worked fine for syncing a couple gigs of music, no problems. keeping fingers crossed it stays that way
    12-17-2012 03:40 PM
    If you're talking about 'apps' for the phone, I haven't explored anything further than Nokia Music (which is actually pretty cool).
    If you're talking about PC music management/sync then MediaMonkey is it, hands down.
    12-17-2012 03:45 PM
    I still just use my ZuneHD to sync with my awesome Zune software. The vast majority of my music listening happens in my car and i just leave my ZuneHD plugged into my Ford Sync. I'm not happy that I can't sync my Zune Pass music to my phone but in order to make myself feel better I just pretend the horrible syncing situation was what lead to Sinofsky getting the boot.

True or not, it makes me feel better. Hehe.
    12-17-2012 04:25 PM
    The only way I've been able to get this to work is by using the desktop app to sync podcasts from iTunes. We tried figuring this out earlier, but it appears to be doing something sneaky to mark the podcasts it syncs as podcasts and not just music, that we can't replicate. It's not something simple like genre, etc
    For what it's worth, if you use Audible.com for your audio books/podcasts, these podcasts will go into the Podcasts area in the Music Player. Oddly enough they don't even show up in the actual Audible App, only the audio books do. Whatever works I guess.
    12-17-2012 04:36 PM
    Do any of you use WMP to sync music to a 64gb micro sd card? I HATE using the Windows 8 app, so I tried to use WMP to properly sync music to the memory card. But whenever I use WMP, the music app is insanely slow and laggy. it's unusable! So I deleted everything, and started over, using the Windows 8 app, and xbox music works MUCH better on the phone. It's not near as laggy, and actually usable. Is it a bug on the phone? Why doesn't it work good whenever I use WMP?
    12-18-2012 09:51 AM
    Curseit, WMP-->WP8 still screws up several of my ID3 tags. I wish MS would just figure out what to do, rather than keep on using us as guinea pigs. This kind of behavior was fine a few years ago, but not today with two established and mature, yet utterly dominant stalwarts in the market. Fine, Android doesn't have a native music management software on the PC, however, it has quite a few unique and native media players that will recognise proper ID3 tags. Unlike WP8, which failes to recognise some of those set by Apple, many of those set by WMP, and refuses to play songs that play just fine on a 1st generation iPod touch, several newer iOS devices, and a slew of android devices that I have.

I just don't understand why Microsoft had to drop the already perfectly working and fine Zune system. I can see progress for the sake of progress, but this? This is just regression. I'll just wait a couple of months, maybe WP will have something by then.

TL;DR, WMP isn't perfectly meshing up with WP8, either. Still better than the other solutions I have tried. Not as good as Zune-->WP7, and definately hopeless compared to Google's ecosystem, much less Apple's even more synchronised world. Sometimes, I just want things to work, not fail badly with a cute UI element telling me so.
    odoggyfresh likes this.
    12-19-2012 09:40 PM
    I think the best app for a WP8 is a Zune HD. It is really tempting to take mine with me, but no.... I want to eliminate a device. I'm going to stick it out..... Ugh.
    jeremyshaw likes this.
    12-19-2012 09:51 PM
    Coming from iOS/iTunes, I wanted to sync my playlists from iTunes but the Windows Phone app wouldn't sync properly. I didn't feel like recreating all my playlists on Windows Media Player so I searched around and found that DoubleTwist works well to sync all my playlists from iTunes so that's what I've been using.
    jeremyshaw likes this.
    12-19-2012 10:15 PM
    Coming from iOS/iTunes, I wanted to sync my playlists from iTunes but the Windows Phone app wouldn't sync properly.
    Have you tried the new version of the software released today/yesterday? Seems to have sorted all the problems i was having with it.
    12-20-2012 02:58 PM
    Have you tried the new version of the software released today/yesterday? Seems to have sorted all the problems i was having with it.
    I read about the update but haven't tried it yet. Maybe I'll give it a try again but DoubleTwist has been working fine for me so I'll stick with that for now.
    12-20-2012 03:40 PM
    best music player apps for windows phones 2013
    TingleBytes
    12-02-2013 05:21 PM
    I use music xmatch

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 08:36 PM
    I like Rhapsody for their service offerings but the software could use some work. Though all their clients on all the platforms can get a little flaky, not just on WP.
    12-02-2013 08:56 PM
    it probely counts certain videos as music files because certian formats can be played as audio files as well
    03-16-2014 04:49 PM
40 12