Anyone having issues with outlook.com email not syncing properly on phone

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I am using my outlook.com Microsoft account on the phone and it is setup to sync email. I have had it setup to sync as items arrive and it has worked flawless up until two days ago. Now it does not. I have not changed any settings. I did try changing it to every two hours and then back to as items arrive but that did not help. Emails arrive anywhere from 12 minutes to 48 minutes after they were sent. They all appear instantly if I use the web and login at outlook.com

When I open the pinned email account it says email up to date. If I click the refresh icon, emails arrive. This is very frustrating, as I loved having my emails arrive instantly.

I have also unselected to sync email to this account and then rechecked it but that didn't help either. Neither did a soft reset.

When I do sync manually emails populate and have an earlier time stamp.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Outlook.com email not syncing as items arrive anymore

If I am the only one with this issue, I guess I will have to do a reset.

Last edited:

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I was facing a similar issue this morning. I had to remove the email account (from settings) and add it back to get it working again.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I was facing a similar issue this morning. I had to remove the email account (from settings) and add it back to get it working again.

Thanks for the reply. I wish I could do that. My outlook.com email is my Microsoft account, therefore there is no way to remove it without resetting the phone.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You are right. This morning I had trouble with my gmail account. When I opened my inbox, the account said syncing (at the top of the screen) and was stuck in that state. So removing it and adding it back again worked. But now, I am facing this issue with my Gmail, Outlook (my Microsoft account), LinkedIn and my work email accounts. When I go to settings->email+accounts, these three email accounts are greyed out and it says "Syncing" below the accounts. :\

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a linked email account? I have a linked inbox where I've linked my Outlook and Gmail email accounts. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with google changing settings that affect access to m.google.com (there's another thread discussing syncing multiple google calendars where folks mentioned accessing m.google.com/sync isn't working anymore).
Update: I un-linked my gmail and outlook accounts and now I'm able to sync to my gmail properly, but when I open my Outlook inbox and click on sync, it says "syncing...." at the top of the screen and seems to be stuck in that state. :|

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried linking and unlinking. My emails will sync, but they do not follow the request of "as items arrive". They just appear whenever they want to, or if I manually sync them.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the hotmail servers are down. This seems to be the server where WP8 syncs outlook emails from (from Outlook email account on L920, click on settings->sync settings and check "server"): bay-m.hotmail.com. Don't know how reliable this is, but according to Bay m down for everyone or just me? - Check bay-m.hotmail.com now!, this website is down. I cannot reach it via my L920 either. Never tried accessing it any other time though, so not sure if not being able to reach it now indicates that MSFT's servers are down.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I am still able to get emails, just not timely. I can login to my outlook.com from my pc and see the emails instantly. Not sure what is up. It does suck having to manually sync my emails now.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Skype installed. So if you send an email to your outlook.com email does it appear instantly on your phone? Mine used to, now it does not.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I just changed my Outook settings to sync as items arrive (was syncing them hourly earlier) and tested what you asked. Yes, the email instantly shows up in my outlook email account.
Update: It worked the first time only. I tried this few more times, and it didn't work. I had to manually sync outlook to see those emails. Weird!

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I just changed my Outook settings to sync as items arrive (was syncing them hourly earlier) and tested what you asked. Yes, the email instantly shows up in my outlook email account.
Thanks. Maybe there is just a server delay for me or something. It always worked like that that until recently.

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue. Tried all the same stuff too. Anyone know where we can submit a ticket to either Microsoft or HTC?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I noticed my L822 doing weird email this morning. When I got up at 0400, I didn't have a email notification on my screen, but my HTC Trophy did. I opened the email, but then it closed and went right back to the home screen. Did that a couple more times. I powered the phone off, back on and it showed the email notifications.

I just looked at my screen, no email notification, but when I opened the mail app, hit refresh and email rolled in.

Edit: I'm still having trouble. Email not opening all; trying touch to the left of the email to select the emails to delete - not working; trying to download the message - not working.

Last edited:

8XSD

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Yup, Im having same issue. I would get the email on my pc but it wont push alert for new mail on my phone. hope this get fix soon.

Lorienn

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi there! I am having exactly same issue since yesterday. Whats more when email arrives I dont get any sound it only appears on live tile... I love my Lumia but... first scratch out of nowhere not that...

TreeFittyZ

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I am also having the sync issue. First one was fine, subsequent emails are delayed.

Lorienn - check notifications. The default for email is 'no alert' and if you removed/added the account, it is set like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon