Live tiles have suddenly stopped launching - HTC 8x

Serefina1825

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
When I woke up this morning, most of my live tiles stopped working. By which I mean, I would click on them, the tiles would all swirl away like it was opening the app, but then they would just all come back again. The app wouldn't launch, and I've tried over and over but get the same result every time, just kicking me back to the main screen. It mostly affects my email clients and social media tiles. I tried turning the phone off and on again, but the problem persisted. Does anyone have any advice? Maybe some kind of reset I could do that won't erase my data but might get rid of the problem? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

EricSchrader

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the SAME PROBLEM!

Phone is AT&T. It will eventually launch, you have to keep trying over and over.

I noticed when contacts call me, their name does not show up.

I also noticed my live tiles do not update with the emails now.

Text messages also would get jammed up until night time then the flood gates opened.

Please help HTC/ATT....

EricSchrader

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have also read something about this happening with other phones, but it was due to the battery and not having enough power to launch the app. I have used a charging cord that did not provide enough amps when the phone was comepletely dead, it would just keep restarting and failing to start. I used the real charger since but now this issue is happening even with full battery, etc. Not too sure. Maybe the phone just needs to "warm up"?

comrip

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I experienced this same issue on my Verizon 8X. In the end, I had to do a hard reset. Since I was able to back up all my SMS messages, settings, app list, photos and videos, the only thing I lost was progress in apps/games (which was painful), but it's been working for me now for over a week again. Looks like other people are experiencing this issue, too:

Inconsistent live tile updates HTC 8X windows 8 verizon - Microsoft Community

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb