Google Ends Exchange Active Sync. How will I sync calendars now?

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Current EAS users will still be supported, so it's not a big deal.

additionally, IMAP support was already in the works for Outlook.com. Microsoft just needs to add that to allow push to Outlook.com and they can keep everything synced that way. Just means people will have to use Outlook.com to add their account and set it up, or Microsoft would have to make that happen from the pone on their side. Hardly a death blow

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
To OP: Like others have said, it won't affect current users who have an account already set up.

That being said, **** Google. I'm not using their crap regardless.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am having email sent to my gmail account pushed to my Lumia 920. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do I know if I am EAS or IMAP? What, if anything, can I do to make sure my gmail continues to be pushed to my phone after Jan. 31?

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If you click the box for email only you are IMAP, if you sync everything its EAS

regardless you are covered, this will only be for new accounts. like they did with Google Apps, current users will be grandfathered.

What you need to do though is go ahead and register a domain so your email is name@whateveryouwant.com, that way you can always be platform/ecosystem independant and use whatever you want and keep the same email. it is really cheap to register a domain name and incredible easy to setup your personal domain name on google or outlook.com to use their email with your domain (domain.live.com for outlook.com)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb