Beautiful stopwatch app (integrates with Metro so well)

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why it's not in the top apps when searching for a timer but anyway

f6151892-df07-4a00-ace3-5a3be035b8e2

1a9cd74a-31d6-45b6-92f7-f172f50191bd

Free

SuperTimer Free | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Paid

SuperTimer | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

OppfinnarJocke

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Integrates with Metro? Do you mean Live Tiles?
I see no integration... I expect it to show its current time, whether counting up or down, in the tile. That's what I'd call "live".

And try this:
Start the stopwatch.
Hit home button.
On the home screen, hit the stopwatch icon.
This stops the stopwatch and resets to zero!

This is not useful behavior, in my book. The stopwatch should run in the background, and when it gets focus it should show current time and continue to run until stopped.

Last edited:

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Integrates with Metro? Do you mean Live Tiles?
I see no integration... I expect it to show its current time, whether counting up or down, in the tile. That's what I'd call "live".

And try this:
Start the stopwatch.
Hit home button.
On the home screen, hit the stopwatch icon.
This stops the stopwatch and resets to zero!

This is not useful behavior, in my book. The stopwatch should run in the background, and when it gets focus it should show current time and continue to run until stopped.

> The stopwatch should run in the background

It does if you simply turn off the screen.

My Metro I mean Metro, change the theme and it matches your theme.

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
It does run in the background but WP has the annoying behavior if mostly having to go back to the app through the task switcher, or else the app restarts.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
It does run in the background but WP has the annoying behavior if mostly having to go back to the app through the task switcher, or else the app restarts.

This has been changed with WP8. The USA Today app is a good example: when I tap the Start Screen live tile, it'll open to the last place I was at before I navigated away from the app.

OppfinnarJocke

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
This has been changed with WP8.

Seems to me then that most apps have not been updated to WP8. Of the 10 or so stopwatches I've tested, none works "correctly" in this respect.

Frankly, I think WP8 apps have a long way to go, to catch up with Android apps. And I really want WP8 to succeed. Currently I walk around with both my old Android phone and a new WP8 phone, and though I really do want to ditch the Android, the WP8 one cannot do even close to what the Android one can.

Josh Mackey

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

That's not actually a behavior per say. In the WP development docs, Microsoft states that apps should not display previous states if accessed from the start screen or start menu.

Its really up to the app, but that's just what is suggested...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss