Why didn't they make search on WP8 the same as on W8?

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
So for me the search button is useless, bing is pain in the ass after using google for 10 years. You start to get used to something, and you learn tricks to find what you are looking for. This is something that is hard to change (for me). And nobody i know actually use bing. But the thing that came to mind today was; why didn't they make the search on WP8, work the same way as it does on windows 8? I mean, in windows 8, when you search, you get this list of the apps you can search from, but also settings, apps and files. But let's say you want to search for an actor, you can just click IMDb, or a person, or a movie on netflix, you can just click on the app and it finds it. And you can search for files on your pc, apps in the store, music in xbox music. This is a great function on windows 8! Because guys, let's be honest, it's a pain in the ass to search for things on the windows phone, especially xbox music!!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Because they didn't.

It probably has something to do with the fact that apps are sandboxed and don't have access to each other. But... for whatever reason, they didn't and the only people who can answer that question are those at Microsoft in the Windows Phone division.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon