How to access Outlook.com e-mail with Gmail Live login

tgvail

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay, maybe this is so simple that no one needs it to be addressed except me, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I signed up for a new Outlook.com e-mail address when it first came out, instead of an alias. It got linked up to my Live account, which I use a Gmail account to log in an access. Now, whenever I go to outlook.com, I log in with my Gmail account, then I have to go to the drop down in the upper right to select my outlook.com e-mail address (by default it goes to some other mail box...probably for a hotmail account, but I don't even remember anymore).

Now that I have a WP8, I'm trying to set up the outlook.com e-mail on it. I have my Microsoft account all set up, but it's only receiving e-mail from whatever this other mailbox is, not from the Outlook.com mailbox. I've tried to add a new mailbox with my outlook.com e-mail address, but to my knowledge I don't have a separate password, just my Windows Live login.

So what am I missing here? Seems like this should be simple.

Thanks for your help

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
You should be able to see if it is linked by going to your name in the upper right, click Account settings, then Permissions -> Linked accounts on the left menu. Seems like you have it linked to another account or something of that nature.

kalinsky

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
If it's a linked outlook.com account, you should have a separate login and pass for it. You need to set it up as a separate account on your device. Then you can link the inboxes on your device, if desired.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel