Printing from Windows Phone 8?

aethicus

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

there was a printing app in WP7 called RoboPrint but this seems to have gone down a dark hole of no more...

anyway I was wondering if anyone has an app that lets you print from WP8 (we have Lumia 920s at our house) it seems straight forward as WP8 should be similar kernel to the Windows RT and so should easily support printer discovery and printing.

I would write something if there is not one.

ideally you could:
- Print docs, pictures, PDF, etc. from your phone or attachments.

Daniel
@LoneStarCanuck

Marcos Hidalgo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah would be pretty great. I was trying to do so the other day on a Bluetooth printer.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

BillinGa

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I can believe that there is no app for windows phone 8 to print directly to a printer without a cloud service this is a fundamental
function you want to be able to do with a smartphone and while I am bitchin not being able to move apps to the micro sd card
is just stupid.... I hope someone will develop these apps shortly.....

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I wrote an app that allows you to print documents and photos stored on SkyDrive as well as web pages. It uses Google Cloud Print as the backend, so you'll have to configure your printers to be accessible via Google Cloud Print, but the setup process is pretty painless. You can check out the app here: KumoPrint | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Since it's hosted on Google Cloud, I wouldn't use it. Good job though.

krafty11

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
There's an app for Brother printers that can print or scan. I have a color laser printer 9045-CDN and can print to it perfectly (needs to be wifi) from my 920, haven't tried scanning from it yet though

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Xerox has a service for cloud printing, but it is not free.

Google cloud or specific printers apps are the only solutions.

Bill McGee

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
ya know, just one more of those 'little things' I figured would be there out of the box when I ditched my iPhone for the 920. I really like the 920, screen, SkyDrive, etc. etc., but a lot of these little things are really bumming me out.... I just forwarded an email from my 920 to my old iPhone 4 so that I could print it wirelessly.... Have been able to do it for years on the iPhone and iPad.... any email, doc, .pdf, etc...

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
on a computer connected to the printer install skydrive or something and sync a print folder. make a script so any file added to that folder will be printed.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
ya know, just one more of those 'little things' I figured would be there out of the box when I ditched my iPhone for the 920. I really like the 920, screen, SkyDrive, etc. etc., but a lot of these little things are really bumming me out.... I just forwarded an email from my 920 to my old iPhone 4 so that I could print it wirelessly.... Have been able to do it for years on the iPhone and iPad.... any email, doc, .pdf, etc...

From what I understand iphones use AirPrint. You're doing the same thing aren't you? You're using AirPrint, which requires an AirPrint compatible printer. Some of us are using ePrint, which requires an ePrint compatible printer.

Bill McGee

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Its an HP D110. The specs on it say HP ePrint. I can print to it with my iPhone and iPad, as well as all of my Windows PC's (XP, 7, 8). Are you saying there is another type of ePrint compatible printer out there that will allow me to print to it from my Lumia 920?

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to bump this thread. It has been a year since the last reply. What has changed in a year? How are you printing from your Windows Phone?

nysink

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to bump this thread. It has been a year since the last reply. What has changed in a year? How are you printing from your Windows Phone?

Same here.

I've installed printhand and it can find printers, send something to the printer, but I get a blank page...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven