"Messenge" Chat goes offline a few minutes after you close it and you don't recieve messages

aelesiaa

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
"Messenge" Chat goes offline a few minutes after you close it and you don't recieve messages

Okay so the "Message" app is pretty cool. It works great and all when I have it open, and people can message me through Windows Live Messenger or Facebook and I get the message pretty quickly.

While doing some testing, it seems like the "Message" app keeps you online for about 5 minutes before it signs you off Messenger or Facebook. This is where the problem starts. On Messenger, you become offline and the messages are "stored" for you till you login, so you only get it after you sign into "Chat" with the Messenge app again.

On Facebook it's even worst. On your friends lists, it shows that you're no longer online but you can still send a message. However those messages don't seem to ever get sent to your phone. Even when you go online on "Chat" again, the messages don't get sent to your phone and you need to login to the webpage to view it.

Edit: The worst part is that it doesn't even reconnect when you open the app. When you are under the "Threads" tab, it says that you're signed in and away, however when you go to the "Online" tab, it says "Can't connect to chat", followed by "Connecting", and then a short pause before it loads up all your contacts and retrieves all your offline mesages.

Is anyone else facing this problem, and does anyone know of any workarounds?

Last edited:

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Messenge" Chat goes offline a few minutes after you close it and you don't recieve messages

seems like a wifi problem. wifi turns off after locked

aelesiaa

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Messenge" Chat goes offline a few minutes after you close it and you don't recieve messages

Nope, still occurs even when I turn off my Wifi and use 4G exclusively.

kbronctjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

How do you exit de application? Do you use the back button or the windows button? If you use the back button the app will close, so its normal it disconnect. If you use the windows button the app will continue running in the background so it shouldn't disconnect. Hope that helps

PD: Sorry for my english

aelesiaa

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

How do you exit de application? Do you use the back button or the windows button? If you use the back button the app will close, so its normal it disconnect. If you use the windows button the app will continue running in the background so it shouldn't disconnect. Hope that helps

PD: Sorry for my english

Incorrect. I've been using the Windows button to close it all along, and it only remains "Online" for a few minutes then it disconnects.

I just tested using the Back button as well and the behavior is the same.

iamHow4rd

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

Hello,
i'm sorry that i can't give you any advice how to fix or work around this problem, but i have the same problem. I already tried to reset my phone, but after i set it up again, the problem still occurs. I'm frustrated, since the Messenger worked really well and my wife and me where using it a lot. My wifes phone (a Lumia 710 with 7.8) had the problem as well, but after a restart it never showed up again (well... at least not the last 5 days). I'm using a Lumia 820 and sadly, the restart didnt work for me.

Enjoy the holidays and greetings from Germany.

- How4rd

iamHow4rd

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

@ Verkunder:
Well, thats not exactly the same problem. Your problem is contacts not showing online, our problem is that the messager itself goes offline and not pushing messages.
---
I noticed, that the disconnects mostly occur, when the phone is coming back from airplane mode. I avoid using the airplane mode now, and i didn't experienced any disconnects since then. But that might be coincidence.

TunaTank

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I have the same issue. However, I"m starting to think it's at the core of the messaging apps for Win8 and WP8. From release day when I got my Focus to when I got my 920, I had no issue, but as soon as I went to WP8, I've had issues. It doesnt stay logged in, at all, even though it should. If you're running Win8, check its messaging app. It does the same thing. When I am using my computer, sometimes I will stop receiving messages, even if it's docked on the side while I"m using another app on the larger half of the screen, and will say "Please wait, connecting" or "you can't send a message now." So I'm starting to think there's a problem with the way the apps are built, or maybe they are interacting with new servers, so the Skype takeover of messenger can happen.

Alas, this doesnt help the problem. Dammit, keep me signed in!

kiwi45

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

In your ME tile what is the chat status? For Busy or Away status chat goes offline once you lock the phone.

JimmyRespawn

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
If you use apps which customize the lock screen wallpaper, messenger will go offline. This is a bug, and the only way to fix this is to unable this feature and use some normal picture to be your wallpaper. Hope Microsoft will fix this soon.

TunaTank

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Does this include the Bing wallpaper? Because that's the only one I used to set it.

Update: Disabled Bing wallpaper and just used a photo. Thought that solved it, but just went back and checked... "Connecting... Can't Connect To Chat... Online" and then messages came in.

Last edited:

StevesBalls

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

The Chat is broken and it works randomly. Nothing you can do about that.

Christian Pustow

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

I use a HTC7 Pro with WP7

The MSN-Messenger Chat worked really great. But since 2 or 3 weeks I do have the same problems. And this is really ... arghhhh....

But "nice" to know, that it is not a problem of my handy...
Perhaps it is something cause of the integration of msn in skype....

I dont know. But I would like to get an solution.

Kind regards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs