How to look backwards in time on calendar?

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So I've searched for an answer and couldn't find anything clear.

I have a Windows Live/hotmail calendar and I sync it to my WP8 phone. I can only look in the past within the current month. I wanted to look at some of my appointments from last month (november) to do some bookkeeping for my business, but there was nothing there. A bit freaked out, I logged into hotmail calendar on the web and everything is there.

I've looked everywhere for a setting to allow me to see further back in the past, but cannot find anything. Is this normal? Is there a setting I can flip to see further in the past? This is very frustrating. Thanks!

knuthakon

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The same thing has really annoyed me as well. After an hour of searching I came across this answer:

Syncing Outlook, Google, and Microsoft accounts

If you set up a Microsoft account (such as Hotmail or Outlook.com) on your phone, or an Outlook account with Microsoft Exchange, those calendars will automatically show up on your phone. If you add a Google account, you can choose to add the calendar to your phone when you set up the account. Once the accounts are set up, your phone will sync the following appointments (these settings can't be changed):
?Two weeks of past single-instance (non-recurring) appointments.
?All future single-instance appointments.
?All recurring appointments that have occurrences within the last two weeks or anytime in the future.

Use calendars | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

I realy hope MS would fix this in an later release.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, so there is no option at all huh? I know WP is about a being simple and clean but really? NO option? I think that will need to change if they are serious about capturing the corporate market. Wow.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Too many past calendar events consume your memory and storage space. That's why by default, it is commonly set to only sync events for last two weeks. But alas, there is no such option for the primary account.

As for corporate maket, I don't know any company uses Hotmail account at all. With Exchange/outlook sync, you can change the calendar sync option as posted above. Just not the primary account which has to be Microsoft/Hotmail/Live account.

tranite

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there an option if I choose to add a Outlook.com account that is not the primary account (Microsoft account), and then get it to sync older events? Or is it not an option at all?

I believed I got older events when I used Google Calendar, but I have completely moved away from Google, and now only uses Hotmail Calendar. I want to be able to see older events for my work, and this is kind of annoying.

Is this something they will add in a future update or will this just be how it is today?

BigDTexas

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
That stuff about not having enough memory for more than 2 weeks of prior appointments is a copout. There is enough room for megabyte sized photos and videos and music, so there is certainly enough room for DECADES of prior calendar entries. Somebody at Microsoft isn't thinking. Businesspeople NEED TO LOOK INTO PAST HISTORY!!! SOMEBODY WAKE UP!!!

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with MS not thinking clearly? We need to look at past calendar events going back 10 years! Not having such feature in WP8.1 is going to keep WP at a single digit market share.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs