Share a XBOX music pass?

Reid Narkunas

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm also interested in sharing this across two Windows Phones, anybody had any luck with that with the new app, I don't seem to be able to get it to work with multiple phones. Thanks.

Mark-F

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm also interested in sharing this across two Windows Phones, anybody had any luck with that with the new app, I don't seem to be able to get it to work with multiple phones. Thanks.
Same here. Can anyone provide instructions on how this can be done (or whether it's a dead-end)?

Demonchld

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Honestly who gives 2 ****s about tos no one reads them anyway. And no one also cares about fines and penaltys. Just allow us to share easily either way people will find a way around it by either downloading music with one of the many avaible music downloaders in the App Store.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
As a developer, I don't think I'd take too kindly to the super monster software conglomerate telling me that from now on I get one purchase price (of which they already take 30%) for the sale of my app to a whole family, where I had been getting it from each person who wanted my app. My response would probably be along the lines of "just who do you think you are that you think you can tell me what I am allowed to sell my apps for, and under what conditions???"

Microsoft own the store - they already do exactly that.
This new world where developers sell their apps through three major app stores (and a few small ones) has pros and cons. The cons include that you have to accept the terms, conditions and costs imposed by the app store owners. It would be interesting to think about a new model which would be more equitable for developers (while still appealing to users). Android is the place to start for this, as it allows installation from sources other than the Play Store (although this is disabled by default). iOS and WP only allow installation from the Apple and MS app stores respectively, so you really are stuck with it.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Honestly who gives 2 ****s about tos no one reads them anyway. And no one also cares about fines and penaltys. Just allow us to share easily either way people will find a way around it by either downloading music with one of the many avaible music downloaders in the App Store.

One option is to buy CDs, tapes, vinyl or MP3s. There is no technical means to stop you sharing those.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you don't. Some of us actually do like to live within the law, though.

Microsoft own the store - they already do exactly that.
No, they don't. They allow you to install apps to your own devices. Not everyone else's.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
No, they don't. They allow you to install apps to your own devices. Not everyone else's.

I think either I misunderstood your point, or you misunderstood mine. My point was the Microsoft own the app store for WP, and they decide what terms and conditions are available to developers, and what terms and conditions are available to users. If they decide that a purchase applies to a whole family, not just an individual person, there's not much the developer can do about it except withdraw their app.
If that wasn't relevant to your post, then please accept my apologies.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think either I misunderstood your point, or you misunderstood mine. My point was the Microsoft own the app store for WP, and they decide what terms and conditions are available to developers, and what terms and conditions are available to users. If they decide that a purchase applies to a whole family, not just an individual person, there's not much the developer can do about it except withdraw their app.
If that wasn't relevant to your post, then please accept my apologies.
Now I see... Thought you meant that they presently allow family installs.
But yes, a change to the dev T&C would anger many, so you might see many apps leave.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven