saving .mp4 video from email attachment

anon67808

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, here's my issue at hand. First off, I've been a Windows Mobile user since before WM6 so I'm not a newbie to the ecosystem however, I have never until this day had to save a video from an email attachment or through MMS to my phone. Just never really had to. Now, I have an L920 and I was emailed and texted a video today that I would like to save on my device. Preferably from the email attachment since the MMS video is very low quality (I'm guessing from some sort of formatting/compression). Is there seriously no way to do this in today's day and age of WP8 without some crazy unsatisfactory Sky Drive workaround that I have briefly heard about?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated as a Bing search brings up nothing for me and a quick search of this forum seems to not bring up anything either.

If there is not a way, while kind of primitive, so be it.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You could put it in an email,folder and call it video and download it when needed, unfortunately there is no way to save
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

dixiehuntr

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if anyone will see this or not but basically is what is being said here is that if someone sends me a video in a text message there is no way to save the video? I.e. my sister sends me videos from her iPhone of my niece and nephew and on my old Android I could save the video to my phone or memory card. Is there not a way to do this? By the way I just got a Lumia 822 yesterday...thanks!

Saurabh Maheshwari

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Same issue. I got a video from email and whatsapp app. In both the cases i am able to download the video and see it. But i am not able to save it. Is there any way around? Also, the space is used by the internal memory of phone and not the SD card. so, it fills up quite fast. Also, after deleting the particular email which had video, the space was still used by the phone and the space didn't turned free. This is a serious limitation.

monotheist

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I dont understand why WP has sooooooooooo many restrictions in every small thing, not sure why it was so difficult to add a save video feature from emails. Feeling very disappointed.

sidn625

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Same question here.
I am on windows phone 8.1, is there no way to save an mp3 file I received over an email to the phone memory or to the memory card?

Bipin Shetty

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi.I am new to WP and was struggling to save video on my phone... Can you pls elaborate on what u just mentioned... I didn't quite get what u said...
Many thanks!

Emmanuel Olowosulu

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Ok, here's my issue at hand. First off, I've been a Windows Mobile user since before WM6 so I'm not a newbie to the ecosystem however, I have never until this day had to save a video from an email attachment or through MMS to my phone. Just never really had to. Now, I have an L920 and I was emailed and texted a video today that I would like to save on my device. Preferably from the email attachment since the MMS video is very low quality (I'm guessing from some sort of formatting/compression). Is there seriously no way to do this in today's day and age of WP8 without some crazy unsatisfactory Sky Drive workaround that I have briefly heard about?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated as a Bing search brings up nothing for me and a quick search of this forum seems to not bring up anything either.

If there is not a way, while kind of primitive, so be it.

Five years later and I still can't save mp3 files received via email to my SD card to play in the Music app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss