SBUX CARD app or WALLET for Starbucks card?

Locutus3d

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping I can get an answer to this minor little issue.
I have a Starbucks card and would like to transfer it to my Lumia 920. Should I use the SBUX CARD app or should I use WALLET. I just started using Windows Phone so I'm a little unfamiliar with which to use.
I am aware that SBUX doesn't have support for WALLET, but I am curious as to which would be better to use.
Thanks.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping I can get an answer to this minor little issue.
I have a Starbucks card and would like to transfer it to my Lumia 920. Should I use the SBUX CARD app or should I use WALLET. I just started using Windows Phone so I'm a little unfamiliar with which to use.
I am aware that SBUX doesn't have support for WALLET, but I am curious as to which would be better to use.
Thanks.

Im using SBUX and works great. If you haven't already registered your starbucks card, do it. YOu can refile your card via their web site, and it should update your SBUX. Good luck!

Locutus3d

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I know it seems like such a silly dilemma, but I really want to understand the WP8 Wallet and why I would use SBUX if Wallet is supposed to do the same thing.
However, from what I've read SBUX seems to be the way to go.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
SBUX card has more features in terms of an app for Starbucks. Wallet need more fine-tuning at the moment. I do like the PIN-protection though.

casab1anca

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I know it seems like such a silly dilemma, but I really want to understand the WP8 Wallet and why I would use SBUX if Wallet is supposed to do the same thing.

The WP Wallet (or the iOS Passbook for that matter) is more of a framework rather than a solution by itself. It allows app developers to add cards to the wallet so that they all show up in one central place. By itself, the Wallet doesn't do much but an app can plug in to the Wallet to display card balance, barcode etc. So it's not really a question of "should I use SBUX or Wallet", it's about "when will SBUX or another Starbucks app support Wallet". None of the major companies have a Wallet-capable app for WP yet, I hope that a few come out soon.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I know it seems like such a silly dilemma, but I really want to understand the WP8 Wallet and why I would use SBUX if Wallet is supposed to do the same thing.
However, from what I've read SBUX seems to be the way to go.

Alot of stuff not fully support Wallet Feature yet. Would be nice if we can utilize that feature.

Locutus3d

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Alot of stuff not fully support Wallet Feature yet. Would be nice if we can utilize that feature.

The WP Wallet (or the iOS Passbook for that matter) is more of a framework rather than a solution by itself. It allows app developers to add cards to the wallet so that they all show up in one central place. By itself, the Wallet doesn't do much but an app can plug in to the Wallet to display card balance, barcode etc. So it's not really a question of "should I use SBUX or Wallet", it's about "when will SBUX or another Starbucks app support Wallet". None of the major companies have a Wallet-capable app for WP yet, I hope that a few come out soon.

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate the detailed explanations. It cleared up my confusion about Wallet. It seems Wallet won't be fully utilized until developers develop for it.

Going to being using SBUX CARD for my next trip to Starbucks! 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos