WP8 not recognized by Audi music interface (AMI)

Kyleran

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone & Merry Christmas from Bulgaria ! :)

Today I tried to plug my Nokia Lumia 920 in my car - An Audi A4 Allroad (2009) but the car didn't recognize the device.
The Audi Music Interface (AMI) worked very well with the iphone...and the system was brilliant because every playlist was recognize and while i was listening music, the phone's battery was charging to full (very fast). (I am so happy with my nokia so I don't want to eat fruits anymore...but i have to admit that this problem is a little frustrating...)

Yes, I know that I have many alternative to resolve the problem (like buying an ipod, a sd card or something else) but not the way that I want : Use my phone with my car with all playlists that i have, because i don't want to have 100 devices for every task in my daily routine. I don't think that is so complicate to make them compatible... but I don't know how. One solution is to have a "mass storage mode" (that we don't have actually) , an other is to have an update of WP8 to upgrade the connectivity with the others devices but maybe there is other ways to fix the problem that I don't know ?

Can someone give me a tip to make them work ? :)

Happy holidays ! :)

(PS: The AMI is an USB connection, not BT)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb