Sign this Petition to bring Google apps to WP!

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Signed and shared! I believe having google apps (or any apps) that would atract users to wp is good business. If you don't like any of the google apps, then don't use them. Simple as that.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not interested in begging a sneaky advertizing company to track my whereabouts. Sorry. Besides, this is all noise anyway. Lets continue to grow this Ecosystem.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok, your post is really bugging me. You have so many holes in your "fears" that it's not even funny. :eck:

Firstly, net neutrality. Zing. That was easy.

Second, MSFT had a target on it's back in those days from the smaller companies that wanted to throw stones at the giant. They didn't use their market share as you describe, they used it to squeeze cash out of their supply channels all the way down to the retail level. And it also stemmed both from others feeling like they weren't given enough info my MSFT about upcoming versions of Windows to be prepared for release and that the release of versions of windows were deliberately delayed to cause market share loss. (long multiple stories made short) No one complains about OSX ONLY having Safari installed and not asking you if you want to choose a different web browser. Nor does anyone complain about Chrome and it's browser UI (which arguably is cloud based anyway).

Why would you "spread your life" over different companies on the internet? (I'm assuming you mean online services offered and not ISP stuff) Instead of having one company with books to parse through your info you're handing it out to more than one. If you're smart about it, it's quite easy to just pick up your stuff and move from one service to another. You'd have to keep your digital life quite organised and manageable.

Heck you could even disconnect altogether and be done with it. That's not impossible, it's just what you chose not to do. Offline: how's it going? | The Verge

^if that doesn't make sense i'm sorry... it's 3am and i didn't sleep a wink the previous night

Net neutrality does not exist in any real form. Google is pouring huge money into lobbying efforts in DC, and the fear of having a company writing their own laws is a problem we have in the United States. We are seeing it with ISP's now, cable companies trying to protect their television product by putting caps on data where it was once unlimited

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Net neutrality does not exist in any real form. Google is pouring huge money into lobbying efforts in DC, and the fear of having a company writing their own laws is a problem we have in the United States. We are seeing it with ISP's now, cable companies trying to protect their television product by putting caps on data where it was once unlimited

you say companies writing their own laws is a fear, but they've been doing this for decades. Albeit, its usually a conglomerate of companies rather than just one. Its not a possibility, its a reality. Its up to society to become educated with what's going on in legislature. But then I forgot.... This is America, the average person has absolutely no clue

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
On another note, I met a coworker that I've seen around before but she works in a different part of the company. She was using a Lumia 822.

When I asked her what her previous phone was, she said she always used to stick with Samsung's android powered phones. She was an avid fan of android, but she said she's not amused by the ways of Google. An android user dumping an app-saturated OS because of Google. Imagine that! We don't need Google's apps, they're already supporting us by their own practices.

RyanR47

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I chose WP because I love the UI and the smoothness and fluidity throughout the entire OS, I also thought I chose it because it seemed to have a genuinely nicer community, however it seems I was quite wrong their. A lot of you do feel elitist and just ignore what's in front of your eyes, or tell others looking for a certain app to f _ _ k off and cry about it while they exchange their WP for an iPhone or Android device.

/rant

Exactly how I feel 80% of the time being in the forum.

mav4life

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
It's a damn shame how most of you WP users feel towards Google.

Just because you think you are better than them does not mean people don't want it. Without major apps, people will not come over to WP. In essence, if people do not switch over it's because there are not enough services to fully convince them of WP.

Our app eco system is decent at best. Even for a new marketplace there should not be this much lack of quality apps.

Im a heavy instagram user but I deal with it because I know it will come soon. Plenty of people though, will simply not switch because Instagram isnt available. Now if a single appl like Instagram can keep people from switching imagine services like Google's. These services are EXTREMELY important for the survival and growth of this platform and without them it cannot continue to grow as it should.

Look at Google maps, it was the best rated app in the iOS app store the day it came out. Millions of people use them and they will not switch to Bing maps because they are just so accustomed to what they already have.

<end rant about elitist think they know better WP users >

RambleOn1972

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why everyone is freaking out about websites tracking u... Does it really matter??? Ur one of millions if not billions being tracked, ur litterally just a number with absolutley no importantce personally to a company! No I don't particuluarly care for being tracked on the internet, but its not like there's a person hired by google or some other company sitting behind a computer all day looking at your personal searches and photos.... To large companies, we're just a number that can be used for advertising, nothing personal, purley financial...

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
No matter how many people sign this petition google will never support WP .. They know WP is blowing up and Microsoft is setting up to take over again ... The google docs are free so why would they give things to the competition for free

sdrawkcabII

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
^ It still won't hurt to try. Petitions have worked in the past. Also, this petition does another thing for WP8 users; if we get hundreds of thousand, or even a million signatures, and Google still ignores it, they'll have a lot of PR work to do. They'll show that 1) They are liars, because they said initially WP8 doesn't have the userbase behind it to justify making apps, and if we prove them wrong, they'll either have to address this, or retract that statement.And 2) If they'll have to deal with the bad publicity of hundreds of thousands of those signaturees quitting their services, and publicising their disgust in Google; essentially calling them out on their BS. It can potentially snowball into something greater. Either way, we either get what we want, or we hurt Google's public image if they don't deliver. But either of those outcomes will work only if people sign the petition.

sdrawkcabII

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Below is what I have posted on Facebook, on the walls of Microsoft, Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8, Windows Phone 8 UK, Windows Phone 8 India, Windows Phone Dev, Windows Phone DE, HTC 8X, and Nokia:

Bring Google Apps To WP8 Petition!!!

Some of you may know that Google has refused to develop applications for WP8. Some of you may not have a problem with this, because you may not use Google apps. However, millions of people around the world still use Google applications, and having access to these applications is a contributing factor in their decision to purchase a new smartphone. Because we want WP8 to have the best possible chance of success, I humbly ask that we all sign this petition, to help make WP8 a viable option to users who still use Google apps.
Let us ensure the growth of this wonderful mobile platform. Let us help make WP8 a success.

Please, sign this petition, thank you.

http://www.change.org/petitions/goo...pular-apps-google-talk-drive-on-windows-phone

I kindly ask others to share this, or make similar posts. Not just on Facebook, but to every site they can, where they'll garner support for WP8 and this cause. This is a war we are fighting, and with you guys' help, we just might succeed.

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
No matter how many people sign this petition google will never support WP .. They know WP is blowing up and Microsoft is setting up to take over again ... The google docs are free so why would they give things to the competition for free

You know what that makes absolute since. I mean Google has never given apps to the competition, and that would explain why iOS has every single application that Google makes... wait what's that? iOS has every Google app?! Aren't they competitors? Wait didn't you say they wouldn't give WP apps because they're competitors?

You're argument makes about as much sense as a giraffe living in a hobbit house, no freaking sense at all.

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I did not say I live in a Hutterite colony. I do drink coffee and coke. I do use the GPS when I need it, and email all the time. However, I consider MS being less evil than Google. Just my personal preference, feel free to use whoever you want.

Exactly, its your preference as Google is millions of others preferences which is why you should sign the petition anyway, I'm not trying to people to sign this to benefit you. Its to benefit our OS and push our ecosystem into a much larger more acknowledged position where every developer wants their hand in our cookie jar. Stop being so pretentious and just sign it, its not about you.

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
You know what that makes absolute since. I mean Google has never given apps to the competition, and that would explain why iOS has every single application that Google makes... wait what's that? iOS has every Google app?! Aren't they competitors? Wait didn't you say they wouldn't give WP apps because they're competitors?

You're argument makes about as much sense as a giraffe living in a hobbit house, no freaking sense at all.
apple also hasn't attacked google publically .. And they are planning on not supporting IOS free apps as well .. Google changed YouTube to screw with WP ..its a war between WP and google .. So yes my argument makes perfect sense if you really understood how things work ... Google will never support WP again .. And we will probably end up losing YouTube too

El_Burro

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Why would anyone want to use Google apps? Google search is equal to Bing. Gmail is equal to Hotmail. Google maps is equal to Bing maps (some of us have Nokia maps which is better) And the rest of their apps are a disaster when compared to Microsoft Office.

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
apple also hasn't attacked google publically .. And they are planning on not supporting IOS free apps as well .. Google changed YouTube to screw with WP ..its a war between WP and google .. So yes my argument makes perfect sense if you really understood how things work ... Google will never support WP again .. And we will probably end up losing YouTube too

Again you're making no sense... Google makes money off of advertisements which is why they never charge a dime. That's why they rebuilt the maps application for Apple, it was a losing situation for them and they were going to lose millions of hits a day. So forcing paid applications on customers wouldn't even make any sense again. Cutting off iOS and WP hurts them more in the long run, you might want to look into how Google makes all of its money...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte