Sign this Petition to bring Google apps to WP!

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yep, never publicly attacked. Never.

Remember the "If you don't have an iPhone, well you don't have an iPhone" ad campaign? Clearly a swing at Google.
how is that an attack on google ... Haha it just sounds like a dumb marketing campaign .. A clear swing at google is blasting them on twitter saying they are full of malware .. And then publically attacking them with scroogled .. That's a clear swing ... It doesn't even matter anyway if you use google apps then go get a google phone .. Complaining that google isn't on WP is like complaining you can't get a whopper at mcdonalds .. Get over it and go to the place that has what you want

LowRentTechGuy

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who is griping about Google "tracking" you makes your point moot. You are so against Google but other data collection is OK? Just say "I don't like Google." It's less hypocritical.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm all for letting Google go. Who needs em? I'm in the process of getting rid of gmail, and such, because of their anti-privacy practices. If you want to be spied upon, Android is a great platform to use, IMO.

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm all for letting Google go. Who needs em? I'm in the process of getting rid of gmail, and such, because of their anti-privacy practices. If you want to be spied upon, Android is a great platform to use, IMO.

As has been stated numerous times in this thread, whether you're in the process of getting rid of Google services or not that doesn't mean Google's millions of consumers are too. WP needs Google's support to win those folks over whether you like it or not. If WP dies out and you have to switch to iOS or Android wouldn't you want Microsoft to make an application so you can continue using your Microsoft services? The same goes for potential consumers who do not use Microsoft's services religiously. They don't feel they should have to switch services just to get what they're accustomed too. Not having support of major developers will be the demise of WP if they can't get a proper backing by major companies and developers.

Now don't get me wrong I'm moving all of my services to Microsoft and it's simple and easy, but people are lazy and will just continue to do what they've been doing.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As has been stated numerous times in this thread, whether you're in the process of getting rid of Google services or not that doesn't mean Google's millions of consumers are too. WP needs Google's support to win those folks over whether you like it or not. If WP dies out and you have to switch to iOS or Android wouldn't you want Microsoft to make an application so you can continue using your Microsoft services? The same goes for potential consumers who do not use Microsoft's services religiously. They don't feel they should have to switch services just to get what they're accustomed too. Not having support of major developers will be the demise of WP if they can't get a proper backing by major companies and developers.

Now don't get me wrong I'm moving all of my services to Microsoft and it's simple and easy, but people are lazy and will just continue to do what they've been doing.

Point taken.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Bing sucks and Microsoft tracks you too. Everyone tracks you. I laugh at these Internet privacy warriors who think they are making a difference by abandoning Google. All you're doing is depriving yourself of the best search tool there is. Are you going to stop using YouTube as well? Good luck with that.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Bing sucks and Microsoft tracks you too. Everyone tracks you. I laugh at these Internet privacy warriors who think they are making a difference by abandoning Google. All you're doing is depriving yourself of the best search tool there is. Are you going to stop using YouTube as well? Good luck with that.

all tech companies track data usage, but not all companies use it to sell information to third parties to then scope out what ads to shoot your way. most tech companies if i understand the privacy policy correctly take information from what you use to improve service quality. i barely get any real ads on my windows phone where as when i had my nexus every app was riddle with them. its not about tracking data its how they use it that makes it wrong.

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
all tech companies track data usage, but not all companies use it to sell information to third parties to then scope out what ads to shoot your way. most tech companies if i understand the privacy policy correctly take information from what you use to improve service quality. i barely get any real ads on my windows phone where as when i had my nexus every app was riddle with them. its not about tracking data its how they use it that makes it wrong.

I never really got ads on my Android device because I always had premium versions, but I know in Gmail and stuff I'll have ads relevant to things I search for. If it's relevant I don't mind really, better than tampon ads >.<

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
In light of google's recent actions, does anyone have a whole lot of faith in this petition? At least from a google acknowledging aspect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos