03-31-2015 08:35 AM
1,307 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    Add the following to the list:
    1. Ability to have animated / live small tiles
    2. The ability to turn live tiles static, a friend i know would rather have static tiles.. lol - to each their own
    3. Api access to devs display that to enable accurate display of battery life with ability to choose second by second changes
    4. Api access to devs to display cellular / wi fi signal strength on tiles instead of updates every 30 minutes.
    5. Options to turn off / on auto hide of cellular reception, wi fi strength etc
    6. Option to change battery icon to a percentage or have both
    7. Option to disable the slide left arrow on the bottom the start screen
    8. Enable users to categorise the App list
    9. Pinch to zoom out on start screen or app list like in Windows 8.1
    10. Landscape support for the App list and start screen then maybe we will start to see landscape qwerty keyboard phones - this will enable WP to at least address the section of the market that prefers physical keyboards.
    jeffskent likes this.
    08-11-2013 11:57 AM
    1. Smart dialing
    2. Ability to create and manage photo albums.
    3. App list categories (I can see this in blue)
    4. Fix Bing! Worked better on WP7 to find map results....
    08-13-2013 09:12 PM
    On my 928 , depending on location, and its rare I get a crackling sound during a song. On a few other occasions audio dropped (for a few seconds each time) during calls I think its a design issue,(maybe the antenna is too close to speaker, picking up interference depending on location?) otherwise the audio is superb, issue needs fixing. Its a nice phone but carrier, manufacturers "customer service" needs a lot of work. First you have to acknowledge issues before dealing with em; my experience from VZ "tech support" to Nokia, even these support forums far too may answers to issues get a "hard of soft reset" or "mine works fine" response; neither much help to user trying to understand the issue specially user migrating from Android like I did. Otherwise its a superb phone and being a different platform from Android there is a learning curve for any former Android or IOS user but not as challenging as the one most will experience moving to an Android if you've never used one (VZ even offers android classes now). Windows app store needs work too, far too many 5 star rated apps on that store don't even belong there, lot of them are buggy, though once you find one that does the job it works great.Comparing WP8 with Android, apples and oranges. Different, each has it pluses and minuses . WP8, great looking screen, very quick, user friendly, awesome photos, audio(most of time), minuses, battery life when using nav,music or game apps, audio issues, app bugginess(keep charger handy). Live tiles don't update very well too, but that's minor with me, press tile once seems to update for me.
    08-14-2013 06:46 AM
    Just waiting for Nokia to release the Gdr2 Amber Update for Lumia 720 its been really long :(
    08-14-2013 10:37 AM
    Work out delayed updating servers issue. Today on highway, nav app on, I get a usage alert, 21% battery left. I clock out of nav and my phone tells me (with 21% battery life left) that I have 8 hrs left on my battery, no way. WP8 platform, by default, uses that off the chart standby battery life you have left on your phone(Ive see it as high as 4 days left if my phone just sits) NOT to be confused with battery life from high usage apps like navigation, music, games even websites and if your phone hasn't updated neither has your battery usage shoing on screen. Work out that audio issue also would be nice. 5 star audio can turn into blown speakers sound then go back to 5 star , in my case, depending on my location. Most of time sound is great.

I give windows phone a good grade. I give Nokia, MS and VZ an F in customer service. Tell people up front the lithium battery gets better with successive charges(in my case bout 30% better than when phone was new and that's with my using same apps as before) vs these "battery saving tips" or feigning ignorance responses I got from Nokia and VZ
    08-16-2013 06:39 PM
    Bring more high end phones to Verizon.
    08-17-2013 12:00 AM
    It needs some logic, and battery fix ASAP.
    Where's the logic behind this 'multitasking'? If i exit the app via start button, and load it back up via the tile, it will load it again from scratch, BUT, if i hold the back button for like 2 seconds, find it in the recent apps and load it, it will load instantly..

jeffskent likes this.
    08-19-2013 04:54 PM
    The multitasking logic is flawed indeed. I actually think MS and Nokia should work together to bring something like Swipe UI from the N9 to WP. It would work like a charm IMO and it would fit like a glove on the Metro UI.

As far as functionality goes I don't have much to complain about, but the Start Screen should have pages instead of being one huge scroll. It can make it hard to find an app if you have tons of them pinned.
    jeffskent likes this.
    08-20-2013 09:04 AM
    I'm a short time Lumia 1020 user, but how about folders on the start screen, just like the iPhone 3GS and 4S I used for 4 years had. I could put my navigation apps in one folder, my photo apps in another folder, my utilities in another folder, and so on. The Games Hub seems to embody this at least. Seems like a good idea to me.
    08-20-2013 09:14 AM
    I'm a short time Lumia 1020 user, but how about folders on the start screen, just like the iPhone 3GS and 4S I used for 4 years had. I could put my navigation apps in one folder, my photo apps in another folder, my utilities in another folder, and so on. The Games Hub seems to embody this at least. Seems like a good idea to me.
    Honestly, my initial reactions was "Nooooo"! The thought of a bunch of ugly, generic folder tiles is really unappealing. That said, I can see the benefit of pulling together apps into categories. What if, instead of start screen folders, you could create custom jump groups in the all apps list? So you'd have for example #, A, B, C,,,,T, U, Utilities, V, W,,,Z. Or maybe have an alphabetical list of categories after Z. That would let you bring some organization to your apps without mucking up the start screen.
    Boris Lozac likes this.
    08-20-2013 09:51 AM
    Need to get their app act together. The few Nokia apps are great, I would put here drive nav app on par with google maps but from skydrive to most of 3rd party windows store apps Ive downloaded bugginess is king. They just don't work properly on my 928, many not at all regardless of what 5 star windows store reviews claim. I just factory rest my phone(skydrive bugs) and I'm very careful which windows store apps I download now most of em Ive used are not WP8 ready; no need to waste my time doing that . I can deal with battery issue with car charger,Music audio is awesome unless a song with a lot of bass plays, then I get that blown speaker sound(an issue Nokia is well aware of). There is no setting to adjust bass. Apps is a big deal cause when you're dealing with people who migrated from apple or play store(like I did) they are used to great easy to find apps , not like my skydrive app which stopped auto and manual uploads August 10 or my maquest app which cost me 30 miles because it never adjusted to my making a wrong turn nor did it voice anything despite advertising both features. My emails to MapQuest customer service on those issues were not returned . Those MS servers that update every 30 minutes or so is an issue also. Twice it gave me 30+% battery left usage readings; both times a soft reset showed 20%, not a very helpful feature when using here drive on interstate
    Boris Lozac likes this.
    08-20-2013 10:49 AM
    Those MS servers that update every 30 minutes or so is an issue also. Twice it gave me 30+% battery left usage readings; both times a soft reset showed 20%, not a very helpful feature when using here drive on interstate
    Can someone explain this issue some more?
    08-20-2013 11:48 AM
    developer of a stock market tracking app(one decent one in windows store) told me me ,after I asked why his quotes were not always real time, not to blame developers because MS servers update/sync with phone every 30 minutes. I found that to be case with my battery usage app.After quitting a Nav app my battery tracking app would sometimes give me very high drainage rates 20 minutes after I quit the nav app and phone had been in standby mode last minutes 20? Soft reset fixes problem each time.
    Soft resets/syncs phone with servers I think ( soft reset =equivalent of taking battery out of an android).
    08-20-2013 03:31 PM
    PS. Bottom line is the phone thinks you are using whatever app you were (or weren't ) using last time your phone synced with servers. Do a soft reset and you will see numbers on your battery tracking app change
    08-20-2013 03:53 PM
    Storage. When I first got 928 was impressed it came with 29 GB memory Shortly after downloading apps I was up to 12GB .With its non upgradable memory feature some 928 users are not going to be happy when they find out they will have to factory reset their phones down road to create more space
    08-21-2013 07:14 AM
    1. Miracast
    2. able to attach BOTH Bluetooth mouse and keyboard
    3. File Manager

With one and two my phone could essentially be my desktop computer too when connected to my plasma tv. Android can do this. Even apple has it's version of miracast.
    08-22-2013 11:57 PM
    08-23-2013 07:16 AM
    What WP needs is a way to watch VIDEOS!
    08-25-2013 05:45 AM
    It CAN watch videos, what do you mean :)
    08-25-2013 08:31 AM
    directly speaking
    windows is no 1 in personal computers Operating system,
    they have so many years of experiences yet they are far behind in mobile OS
    we don't say you copy someone features but at least give what are required & given by others
    i remember my o2 stealth (windows 5) which had answering machine inbuilt in it that unique feature could be given by MS again.
    VPN !
    Notification Centre
    answering machine
    from phone contact we can message,whatsapp,skype option to be given
    more api to be opened to developers for better windows phones
    08-26-2013 10:16 AM
    It CAN watch videos, what do you mean :)
    I just discovered I can watch movies with the Netflix app. Still if I go to my local news site I cannot watch the live feed or watch flash vids.
    08-29-2013 06:54 AM
    More open OS :) And Better NFC use, its useless atm
    08-29-2013 04:29 PM
    WP needs needs to allow background images. If Windows 8 can have this
    fake_windows_8_start.png
    then WP should be able to also add background images. To make sure text is still readable WP should tint the image you choose to match the dark/light option in your theme like so.
    3rx6bkm.jpg
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    08-30-2013 12:46 AM
    Sorry that's awfull :)
    Shodan_HR likes this.
    08-30-2013 08:06 AM
    Coming from IT, I cringe to say it, but these are the "bait" that attract people:

Steadily improving Facebook -
    Native Instagram

And for me personally -
    A native Yahoo Fantasy Football client!
    08-30-2013 01:27 PM
1,307 ... 3435363738 ...