03-31-2015 08:35 AM
1,307 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    Yes, i totally agree with this, its really annoying
    ARUN G K likes this.
    11-25-2013 03:45 AM
    1 - NOTIFICATION CENTER!! (WITH CONNEXION TOGGLES)
    2 - Separate volume control
    3 - To be able to move the song with your finger and not just be able to Play and Pause!!
    4- File explorer
    5- To be able to save the app data on sd card (if not the whole app)
    6- Kids corner shouldnt need a password!
    7- Cortana should be available and fully functional
    8 - Apps should open FAST! its amazing how every single app needs time to load!
    9 - WP8 should be faster on devices with 512 mb of Ram like my Lumia 720
    10 - REAL MULTITASKING! NO MORE RESUMING EVERY SINGLE TIME
    11- a Microphone option in the keyboard, so u can speak instead of typing,life saver
    Last edited by shreadow; 11-26-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    11-25-2013 06:05 AM
    I would actually prefer some "stupid" updates than those which everyone else want.
    Example..support for MUCH MUCH MORE file types. I'm talking nearly every popular file type.
    Changing of the "theme" used by the phone completely - custom background, custom font (color, style, size..everything), tiles also.. everything!
    Ek-Balam likes this.
    11-25-2013 10:19 AM
    If they do that Ma Rio and put customisation first then it'll go the way of Android and lag up the system unless you buy a phone with expensive internals and legacy phones will have trouble with support....believe me running stock Android is drastically faster than with all the customisations
    11-25-2013 03:30 PM
    All the things I can think off:

1) Notification Center
    2) Ability to share any song, file, document from anywhere within the OS and by any 1st & 3rd party app by mail, Bluetooth and NFC
    3) Less restricted acces to the MicroSD card for 3rd party apps
    4) Ability to install apps on MicroSD cards
    4) Fast Resume for ALL apps a requirement
    5) Double Wide tiles for every WP8 device
    6) Ability to toggle the extra row with GDR3+ installed: 3 normal tiles for 4.5"+, 2 normal+1 small tile for 4.3" and normal 2 tiles for under 4.3" devices
    7) Different music and sound volumes
    8) Choice of more colors for the background of the phone : More than just Black or White
    9) Every app needs to be build FIRST on 512 MB devices then upscaled and expanded (if needed) for 1 GB and 2 GB devices.
    10) Every app needs to be built to run on 512 MB devices as BEST as they can anyways, even if that means a bit of lost functionality.
    11) The ability for tiles to be refreshed in UNDER 30 minutes with options: 1-5-10 minutes etc.
    12) Cortana would be awesome (the concept itself, not necessarily the name)
    13) Skype integration in People Hub
    14) Better Facebook integration (maybe)
    15) The keyboard need to be smaller or at least adjustable. See the gigantic keyboard on the Lumia 1520.
    16) More usability improvements for big screens. Multitasking a la Windows 8 while in landscape maybe?
    17) Internet Explorer 11, at least on WP, should support all the necessary standards that Google demands, so they'll have no more excuses in providing an official YT app.
    18) More timely app releases (obviously)
    19) Some sort of File Explorer
    20) (Dunno about this one) If 2G network could work faster for apps
    21) EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Support the app at least as LONG as the OS itself is supported. WP7.x support ends in September 2014? If you can add any more features, do it. It will be still be officially supported for another year. Why shouldn't the apps be up to date? The same rule applies to WP8, whenever that time will come.
    11-26-2013 06:23 AM
    - When sharing a picture, the Bluetooth option should be present even if BT is off.
    - Change song with volume long press
    - Volume to snooze the alarm / turn down to snooze the alarm - More alarm options
    - Using volume up and down to move the cursor when texting
    11-26-2013 11:39 AM
    Read through some of the thread and agree with everything. One thing I didn't see though was to not be so bound 2 (pun intended) your computer. I don't wanna have to use my computer to do a simple stuff as change the name of a song. Or to create a playlist. I also wanna be able to create photo albums on my phone and move my photos to different albums. The OS feels very unfinished overall. Symbian was way better. Only reason I even bought a Windows Phone was because of Nokia. Only had Nokia my whole life, but next year I will have to say goodbye.
    11-26-2013 01:45 PM
    how could some apps like UC BROWSER, mobile9 etc could save audio files especially to RINGTONES directory :P and apps like whatsapp, hike miss this feature??
    so I feel this is definitely not the problem with Windows Phone :(
    11-27-2013 11:19 AM
    how could some apps like UC BROWSER, mobile9 etc could save audio files especially to RINGTONES directory :P and apps like whatsapp, hike miss this feature??
    so I feel this is definitely not the problem with Windows Phone :(
    You want whatsapp to save ringtones to your phone?
    11-27-2013 06:41 PM
    You want whatsapp to save ringtones to your phone?
    nooooo I want whatsapp to save to Musics
    I meant that even apps have access to Ringtones directory then why not Musics directory??
    11-27-2013 09:10 PM
    nooooo I want whatsapp to save to Musics
    I meant that even apps have access to Ringtones directory then why not Musics directory??
    why would one want WhatsApp to save music to the music folder? I don't think you can do that on any other platform.....
    11-28-2013 12:44 AM
    I wait for 8.1.If those **** cant still provide what is actually a 'requirement' for a phone to be smart,never ever buying a WP.So,beware M$,either make 8.1 at least what the 'majority' want,or collapse.nobody wants ur effing phone.
    11-28-2013 03:04 AM
    I think someone should find a way to 'hell break' my phone.At least,i could 'create playlist' myself without a PC
    11-28-2013 03:11 AM
    Need video editing apps SERIOUSLY~!!!!
    11-28-2013 03:19 AM
    I'm sure everyone has heard these complaints a thousand times, but some of the little things about my 822 just bug the crap out of me. I really like the fluidity of the OS, and I've found alternatives to missing apps that I use. These things really bother me:

1 - Separate volumes. This needs to be addressed. Currently, there are two: in call volume, and everything else combined. It's annoying to have to turn down media volume, then forget to turn it back up so you can hear calls. I'd be happy if they just made the ringer volume independent, also.

2 - "Settings" menu is not alphabetized. This is extremely annoying. I don't know why they didn't do this when they made the app list alphabetical.

3 - No separators, headers, or any kind of grouping for the start screen. I know this was by design, for simplicity's sake, but after about 20 apps, you start forgetting where things are. I've found a work around for this by using the "HeaderTiles" app. Great little app, and it should be incorporated into the OS, in my opinion. Check it out if you don't know about it.

4 - No ability to toggle the status bar at the top permanent.
    11-28-2013 09:00 PM
    I really hope Windows Phone developers take a look at this thread as a reference.

These are reasonable requests by reasonable people.
    JKing106 likes this.
    11-29-2013 04:53 AM
    ability to connect to an AD-HOC Wi-Fi connection!!!!!!!! ridiculous
    11-29-2013 06:28 PM
    I am so far enjoying my Lumia 1020, shifted from nexus 5, Do not regret a bit, except........ nokia it has so many good apps, why dont they include nokia smart dial and notification centre, now even google has done it..

Please nokia/microsoft after this this will be PERFECT
    11-29-2013 11:59 PM
    I've read through a lot of this thread and arrived at the conclusion that what people want is an Android phone. All of the functionality above is currently available. It makes me question why people are persisting with WP, me included.
    11-30-2013 04:30 AM
    I've read through a lot of this thread and arrived at the conclusion that what people want is an Android phone. All of the functionality above is currently available. It makes me question why people are persisting with WP, me included.
    It's because some of the complaints are valid for an OS like Windows Phone, and that people need some time to get used to Windows Phone.

I just want the charms key to relplace search. That would solve a lot of problems at once.
    11-30-2013 04:52 AM
    Toast notifications (especially if we get 20 or so in a row if we check our phone after a while) block the top part of the screen and we have to swipe each notification just so that we can access the top part of the screen. So if I got 20 messages when my phone was away, when I finally pick it up, I get 20 toast notifications IN A ROW and have to swipe each of them before I can access the top part of the screen
    sakada likes this.
    11-30-2013 05:57 AM
    Individual volume for ringtone, applications, music. The way it is right now is really annoying.
    11-30-2013 08:01 AM
    Individual volume for ringtone, applications, music. The way it is right now is really annoying.
    I hope the next update will fix these..
    11-30-2013 08:29 AM
    I was wrong on my Nr 9 point. "Every app needs to be build FIRST on 512 MB devices then upscaled and expanded (if needed) for 1 GB and 2 GB devices."

As Windows Phone 7 is still being officially supported for 10 more months, developers SHOULD, YES, target 512 devices as much as posible. They could try to optimise even for 256 MB devices. It may sound silly, but if an app/game could run on 256 MBs, you pretty much expect it to run brilliant on better equiped devices.
    12-01-2013 11:31 AM
    Notifications Center
    Glance, double tap for 512Ram devices
    More official apps, games supported 512Ram
    12-01-2013 12:08 PM
1,307 ... 4041424344 ...