03-31-2015 08:35 AM
1,307 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    Wp8 needs to have a search button to find specific word/s inside its messages.
    Aniruddh Sharma likes this.
    12-01-2013 12:27 PM
    one IMPORTANT thing no ONE maybe mentioned
    is to have MICROPHONE in the keyboard, just like SWIFT KEYBOARD on Android!
    its a great option if ur drivin, or even if ur in bed or whatever, u can simply click the microphone icon, and talk, and ur voice will be put as text directly!
    so Microsoft, if ur not allowing us to have a 3rd party keyboard as Swift Keyboard, at least make ur keyboard as modern, as up to date , and as friendly.
    P.S.: Is anyone at Microsoft reading its users base comments ?!
    12-02-2013 02:58 AM
    When you press the volume hard buttons the little volume bar on top which shows the volume level has a tiny icon on the top left corner which tells you what mode your phone is in - loud/silent/vibrate. If you press the little bell next to it, it automatically toggles between the vibrate, silent and loud modes. :)
    12-02-2013 03:27 AM
    wp_ss_20131202_0001.png
    Any guess on This??
    12-02-2013 04:16 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20131202_0001.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	51038
    Any guess on This??
    I recived the same message, maybe it's planned for WP8.1?
    12-02-2013 07:40 AM
    Go here for usb otg great feature
    Plz vote http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ml#post2244481
    12-02-2013 09:35 AM
    When you press the volume hard buttons the little volume bar on top which shows the volume level has a tiny icon on the top left corner which tells you what mode your phone is in - loud/silent/vibrate. If you press the little bell next to it, it automatically toggles between the vibrate, silent and loud modes. :)

Mine doesn't. I have to manually turn vibrate off in the settings menu before the silent option is available with the volume keys. On a Lumia 822.
    12-02-2013 03:09 PM
    And it is incredible now that I could buy a Android phone and have access to Office on it - How do you give up your most major competitive advantage for convincing people to user your OS???.
    How's that worked out so far? Selling like hotcakes because of Office, right?

The fact of the matter is Microsoft should have had iOS and Android versions of Office 2 years ago. They have trained millions of people to live without Office. They could have been making tens to hundreds of millions instead of nothing. Fools.
    12-02-2013 06:33 PM
    So Microsoft has been doing great things with updates, apps, and features that we want and yet I still don't have a reliable way of syncing music to my phone. I don't want drag and drop, its too hard to keep track of what I already have on my phone. When will I be able to actually sync music? I was able to use windows media player on my XP desktop but have since moved my music to my Win8 tablet. I can connect my phone to the tablet and do the drag and drop thing, but why can't I do a sync with WMP like I did on my desktop? With Microsoft talking about unifying the Win8 and WP8 experience I think this is absolutely mandatory for the Windows platform to succeed. The Xbox music thing just isn't cutting it. Much of my music isn't 100% perfectly tagged and Xbox music won't find it. I just want my tablet library to be the same on my phone but if I download a song on the tablet (from somewhere other than Xbox music) I want it on my phone too.
    12-02-2013 09:21 PM
    Upon restoring backup or First use of the handset on setup:

-Windows Phone 8 should first seek a wifi connection as priority connection not the Mobile Data

- In my experience, I was about to restore my backup and then suddenly I realized I don't have mobile data available, I haven't restored my data. I only got wifi connection which is not usable until you skip the mobile data.
    12-03-2013 02:36 AM
    Upon restoring backup or First use of the handset on setup:

-Windows Phone 8 should first seek a wifi connection as priority connection not the Mobile Data

- In my experience, I was about to restore my backup and then suddenly I realized I don't have mobile data available, I haven't restored my data. I only got wifi connection which is not usable until you skip the mobile data.
    It's done in GDR3
    12-03-2013 02:40 AM
    Will WP 8.1 have a drag down notification bar? I know there's going to be a notification center but a notification bar (like iOS and Android) would be the icing on the cake.
    12-04-2013 09:35 AM
    I m still wondering about the Video/audio files we download through apps. What is the ultimate use for Downloading on the Phone other than to view it ONLY on phone, while other Environments allow copying and sharing to phones and Computers..
    if anyone has answers,please make me enlightened!!
    Aniruddh Sharma likes this.
    12-04-2013 10:00 AM
    I'm working as an intern at a company and I'm forced there to develop programs for iPhone and the only thing that I really want now on windows phone is notifications on the lock screen and a notification center. Let's hope Microsoft doesn't **** it up with 8.1 :)
    12-06-2013 05:46 AM
    I use windows phone since april, nd i knew bout the fact that windows phone 8.1 is coming in Q2 next year, but do microsoft's phone department working on more accent colors? As that LL be appriviable as we have very less to customise ,
    12-07-2013 01:49 AM
    I use windows phone since april, nd i knew bout the fact that windows phone 8.1 is coming in Q2 next year, but do microsoft's phone department working on more accent colors? As that LL be appriviable as we have very less to customise ,
    They upgraded from a limited set to 20 colours. I really hope they will provide a color mixer in 8.1 which will be great :D
    guillams likes this.
    12-07-2013 02:22 AM
    I think I remember seeing that Microsoft has a page for suggested improvements to the OS? Any idea if they're reading them? I find it mind boggling that if I launch my contacts from the dialer that I get a list of ALL my contacts, including ones I don't have a phone number for. How stupid is that?
    12-07-2013 02:31 PM
    I think it needs better native support for media files (.mkv etc.). MoliPlayer is great but I'd rather use the default system player
    12-07-2013 04:41 PM
    Although I cannot pretend to know what will help Microsoft make a winner out of WP8, I do know what will make it a success for me:

1) A solid Yahoo chat or unified chat client including MSN Messenger (now unified with skype). I tried a few but there is some functionality missing or another. My workplace uses this and I have no choice but to depend on this missing feature. Nokia Chat Beta seems to be working OK, but I don't get notifications of other users pinging me.....which sucks.
    2) Banking Apps for my credit union (don't expect help from microsoft since its a small CU) and Amex (This is definitely a big one).
    3) Proper integration between various Microsoft/Nokia services. For example, I cannot believe I have to re-authenticate on a web-page for apps from the same company. Single Sign On (SSO) should be used/implemented better.
    4) Buy Vimeo already! Definitely need something to compete with Youtube. Currently using Youtube HD and Vimeo Apps which are pretty decent.

Smaller issues:
    1) Allow text on the smaller tiles as well. I have 2 Exchange accounts and I cannot use small tiles because both use the same icon. Or even allow the use of a custom icon on a given tile.
    2) Skype needs to get better....A LOT BETTER!
    12-09-2013 05:30 PM
    Going crazy on volume control. Always wrong, ringtone too low, video too high. I need separate volume for media and ringtones. I lack a function like "shush", that restores ringer after a specific time. And I lack sound profiles.
    And such a bad alarm. No settings on snooze, easy to discard instead of snooze with no verification.
    Some basic things that annoys...
    mary beth hale likes this.
    12-09-2013 05:51 PM
    Is just me or somebody else is experiencing some bugs and slow responsive on the app?
    12-09-2013 11:49 PM
    Just got Windows Phone a few days back. Windows Phone should include the option of Notification Tab just like present in iOS & Android.
    12-10-2013 12:23 AM
    Works great for me with a good network connection. Not all will experience the same thing on these platforms. Pretty standard stuff man. You should try using something else that might work better for you. Whatsapp supposed to be pretty nice. Try that and leave Skype to the side.
    12-10-2013 01:02 AM
    yeah skype is a bit crap. I am sure on 'droid, you can make all messages as "read" whereas on wp8, you have to goto individual chats in order to read it which suprises me as skype is a microsoft app!

but the biggest problem/bug I have is that messages never comes in instantly. sometimes even an hour later. on wifi and have unlimited data so not sure why the massive delay. What am I suppose to do? Leave the phone on all the time?!

Unfortunately, people I know are on skype not whatsapp, so can't change over.

I think skype on droid is more reliable then on wp8.
    12-10-2013 04:32 AM
    I know it's not obvious, but in the recent list if you tap and hold (for 3 sec) the Skype logo at the top left you get the "mark all as read" menu. :)
    tweedie, polomint and raycpl like this.
    12-10-2013 04:42 AM
1,307 ... 4142434445 ...