(Official) What WP needs to succeed

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
(Official) Why I don't like WP8 Part 2 (What WP needs to succeed)

So now you want to turn your insults on my? Don't try to insult my intelligence... Maybe you should take a break from this thread.

Whoa

I'm insulting you now? How?

Maybe your brother has a defective Note 2? Insult?

I'm guessing english is not your native tongue. Insult?

I mean wow.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Re: (Official) Why I don't like WP8 Part 2 (What WP needs to succeed)

Whoa

I'm insulting you now? How?

Maybe your brother has a defective Note 2? Insult?

I'm guessing english is not your native tongue. Insult?

I mean wow.

Where should this commentary lead us?

Let me help you figure this out.

This is insulting and not posted in a civil manner . "I'm guessing english is not your native tongue. Insult?"

We call this trolling. Let me define that for you:

[INFO]• Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.[/INFO]

That is from our forum rules you see if you post something that is a off-topic message to provoke users into responding in a negative way well that is against the forum rules. Do you see how I have interpreted your quote "I'm guessing english is not your native tongue." as an off-topic message to provoke someone into responding in a negative way. Which is against the before mentioned forum rule. Is that clear enough do you understand now?

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Trolling because I guessed that someone speaks multiple languages? (Which is usually a compliment everywhere else)

Ok dude. That's a new one to me.

julesonlinegoa

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to Address the Notification Center, on Windows Phone, Debate! A MUST READ!

Instead of a notification center having all the Toast Notifications show up on the screen until you have read them makes more sense and not have them disappear after a few seconds. I have always been a NOKIA user (Never used an Android or an iPhone don't plan to either :grin:) and what i miss the most is having the phone notify you that you have missed something just by looking at it "Have the Windows Logo Blink". That would be more useful and practical than having a notification center.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Trolling because I guessed that someone speaks multiple languages? (Which is usually a compliment everywhere else)

Ok dude. That's a new one to me.

It was your tone. Just leaving the last line off would have been sufficient. I know people who only speak English and it sounds like that. Making the statement you did then comes across as an insult. Just let the other person voluntarily say whether English is not their native tongue. It is one of those "think it but don't say it" things since you won't likely have all the background.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

^ thank you. That's a better explanation, and reasonable.

Editing post now and back on topic.

Divay Vingiani

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to Address the Notification Center, on Windows Phone, Debate! A MUST READ!

The top bar showing time and other details should be visible and fixed there all the time and notification center should be accessed by long pressing that bar. In this way notification center can be accessed anywhere anytime from any app.

bouli#AC

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

i am considering moving from ANDROID to WP8 Lumia 920
one of few drawbacks aside for the lack of very important apps to me such as Instagram, Grindr, Growlr, and reliable Viber experience , is the cusotmizable notification center i now have on my Galaxy S2 custom ROM
so please WINDOWS(MICROSFOT) pump some money to developpers to make those apps available, and YES pls do make a customizable Notification center available

PS: when will u catch up with IOS's SIRI and Google Now Voice?!!!
any idea how important those features are Nowadays!!!
Again, Microsoft spend few bucks and make this available to remove any hesitation for end users to move in to ur beautiful Platform!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

(snipped image showing potential solution)

As nice as that looks, unfortunately it does not deal with the issue at hand. The issue at hand involves seeing missed toast notifications, and they would want a preview of the toast. Otherwise, they have to go in to the app to check and it demolishes the "Glance and Go" attitude attached to WP. As well as this, your solution undermines live tiles. An aggregated toast notification feed would not.

Again, Microsoft spend few bucks and make this available to remove any hesitation for end users to move in to ur beautiful Platform!

I would bet Microsoft are already shelling out big bucks on making WP more attractive to developers and users. This is a third of their "Three Screen" vision and I don't think they're going to allow that to be jeopardised if they can help it!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Notification Centre? Already got one. It's called my start screen.
Since the portico update my battery life has improved so much that I have got my lock screen timeout on never. My live tiles go on updating all day at my desk and its just a quick peek at my phone to see whats new. Every tile that would send notifications is in the top half of my start screen so i dont have to scroll down to see one when it comes in.

BHFH

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

I wonder if Microsoft would be willing to reconfigure the bing button. OK, the musicmatch and bing vision is pretty cool, but the ability to search sms, contacts, apps, emails, docs on the phone would be handy. Actually, is SMS searchable? Not that I would use it though.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

Doublefacepalm. Only because I don't have five hands.

Who would have guessed that you would pile on. I have the approval and thanks from the only person that maters here. Me and my own conscience.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Aren't you still glancing and going even if it's a number tick? Yeah I get there's a lack of detail, but maybe the developer should make it so the live tile shows the most recent update info. I always understood the current implementation to make sense generally because as it stands if a user were to act upon the notification they most likely are going to launch the app anyway to do so.

But I still can see your perspective.

Appreciate your reply. If the score update could go right into the LiveTile, that would be ok, but I'm not sure LiveTiles work that way. I think it can tick up a number instantly, but as for the other information appearing on the tile, isn't that only like every 20 or 30 minutes?

I dunno. As of now it's a want for me, not a need. I have a some needs for WP8 that revolve around actually letting me deploy them in a corporate environment that's for another thread.

chrgeorgeson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Read the first and last sentences, the rest dissolved into a wall of text! Not sure what the idea was but MS is unlikely to read it here, try Microsoft answers.
You must have a hard time reading books. Shame his idea's are good.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

PS: when will u catch up with IOS's SIRI and Google Now Voice?!!!
any idea how important those features are Nowadays!!!

No joke having used all platforms I can tell you Microsoft has been doing voice for a long time. It's actually pretty good. All they need is a natural voice like Google Now, and hook it to bing.

I remember using voice on my HTC Vogue.

AF4590

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

I have a love-hate relation with my phone due to WP8.
Things I miss and want RIGHT now!

- Be less like North Korea and give me some freedom. Damn! this phone is more locked then iOS. Where is my bittorent client, separate video/music player, file task manager and so on in appstore?
- Separate volume for ringtune/sms/mail/alarm
- Can?t watch internet tv, no apps or tru internet... Every smartphone on the market can handle this, why not WP8?
- Dropmenu with fast settings for internet/flight mode and so on..
- Internet Explorer, well this sucks! give me some other browser please!
- Bad Youtube support
- Why can?t I change colour on the stock apps?
- Vibrating buttons, no thanks this is not a dildo :(
- When I watch a movie tru Netflix the three buttons are lighted... This should bee possible to turn off.
- When I press a number in the phone book the name should come up.
- Built in BING search function sucks.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

xbox music needs fixed, wifi sync needs to come back, and more alert tone customizations

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster