(Official) What WP needs to succeed

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
It needs some logic, and battery fix ASAP.
Where's the logic behind this 'multitasking'? If i exit the app via start button, and load it back up via the tile, it will load it again from scratch, BUT, if i hold the back button for like 2 seconds, find it in the recent apps and load it, it will load instantly..

epic-jackie-chan-template.png

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
The multitasking logic is flawed indeed. I actually think MS and Nokia should work together to bring something like Swipe UI from the N9 to WP. It would work like a charm IMO and it would fit like a glove on the Metro UI.

As far as functionality goes I don't have much to complain about, but the Start Screen should have pages instead of being one huge scroll. It can make it hard to find an app if you have tons of them pinned.

jeffskent

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm a short time Lumia 1020 user, but how about folders on the start screen, just like the iPhone 3GS and 4S I used for 4 years had. I could put my navigation apps in one folder, my photo apps in another folder, my utilities in another folder, and so on. The Games Hub seems to embody this at least. Seems like a good idea to me.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm a short time Lumia 1020 user, but how about folders on the start screen, just like the iPhone 3GS and 4S I used for 4 years had. I could put my navigation apps in one folder, my photo apps in another folder, my utilities in another folder, and so on. The Games Hub seems to embody this at least. Seems like a good idea to me.

Honestly, my initial reactions was "Nooooo"! The thought of a bunch of ugly, generic folder tiles is really unappealing. That said, I can see the benefit of pulling together apps into categories. What if, instead of start screen folders, you could create custom jump groups in the all apps list? So you'd have for example #, A, B, C,,,,T, U, Utilities, V, W,,,Z. Or maybe have an alphabetical list of categories after Z. That would let you bring some organization to your apps without mucking up the start screen.

P O

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Need to get their app act together. The few Nokia apps are great, I would put here drive nav app on par with google maps but from skydrive to most of 3rd party windows store apps Ive downloaded bugginess is king. They just don't work properly on my 928, many not at all regardless of what 5 star windows store reviews claim. I just factory rest my phone(skydrive bugs) and I'm very careful which windows store apps I download now most of em Ive used are not WP8 ready; no need to waste my time doing that . I can deal with battery issue with car charger,Music audio is awesome unless a song with a lot of bass plays, then I get that blown speaker sound(an issue Nokia is well aware of). There is no setting to adjust bass. Apps is a big deal cause when you're dealing with people who migrated from apple or play store(like I did) they are used to great easy to find apps , not like my skydrive app which stopped auto and manual uploads August 10 or my maquest app which cost me 30 miles because it never adjusted to my making a wrong turn nor did it voice anything despite advertising both features. My emails to MapQuest customer service on those issues were not returned . Those MS servers that update every 30 minutes or so is an issue also. Twice it gave me 30+% battery left usage readings; both times a soft reset showed 20%, not a very helpful feature when using here drive on interstate

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Those MS servers that update every 30 minutes or so is an issue also. Twice it gave me 30+% battery left usage readings; both times a soft reset showed 20%, not a very helpful feature when using here drive on interstate

Can someone explain this issue some more?

P O

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
developer of a stock market tracking app(one decent one in windows store) told me me ,after I asked why his quotes were not always real time, not to blame developers because MS servers update/sync with phone every 30 minutes. I found that to be case with my battery usage app.After quitting a Nav app my battery tracking app would sometimes give me very high drainage rates 20 minutes after I quit the nav app and phone had been in standby mode last minutes 20? Soft reset fixes problem each time.
Soft resets/syncs phone with servers I think ( soft reset =equivalent of taking battery out of an android).

P O

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
PS. Bottom line is the phone thinks you are using whatever app you were (or weren't ) using last time your phone synced with servers. Do a soft reset and you will see numbers on your battery tracking app change

P O

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Storage. When I first got 928 was impressed it came with 29 GB memory Shortly after downloading apps I was up to 12GB .With its non upgradable memory feature some 928 users are not going to be happy when they find out they will have to factory reset their phones down road to create more space

chocolateyum

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
1. Miracast
2. able to attach BOTH Bluetooth mouse and keyboard
3. File Manager

With one and two my phone could essentially be my desktop computer too when connected to my plasma tv. Android can do this. Even apple has it's version of miracast.

vikassolankiii

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
directly speaking
windows is no 1 in personal computers Operating system,
they have so many years of experiences yet they are far behind in mobile OS
we don't say you copy someone features but at least give what are required & given by others
i remember my o2 stealth (windows 5) which had answering machine inbuilt in it that unique feature could be given by MS again.
VPN !
Notification Centre
answering machine
from phone contact we can message,whatsapp,skype option to be given
more api to be opened to developers for better windows phones

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
WP needs needs to allow background images. If Windows 8 can have this
Fake_Windows_8_Start.png
then WP should be able to also add background images. To make sure text is still readable WP should tint the image you choose to match the dark/light option in your theme like so.
3Rx6BKM.jpg

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Coming from IT, I cringe to say it, but these are the "bait" that attract people:

Steadily improving Facebook -
Native Instagram

And for me personally -
A native Yahoo Fantasy Football client!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs