(Official) What WP needs to succeed

OberstDanjeje

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Upon restoring backup or First use of the handset on setup:

-Windows Phone 8 should first seek a wifi connection as priority connection not the Mobile Data

- In my experience, I was about to restore my backup and then suddenly I realized I don't have mobile data available, I haven't restored my data. I only got wifi connection which is not usable until you skip the mobile data.

It's done in GDR3

anon(5527120)

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Will WP 8.1 have a drag down notification bar? I know there's going to be a notification center but a notification bar (like iOS and Android) would be the icing on the cake.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I m still wondering about the Video/audio files we download through apps. What is the ultimate use for Downloading on the Phone other than to view it ONLY on phone, while other Environments allow copying and sharing to phones and Computers..
if anyone has answers,please make me enlightened!!

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm working as an intern at a company and I'm forced there to develop programs for iPhone and the only thing that I really want now on windows phone is notifications on the lock screen and a notification center. Let's hope Microsoft doesn't **** it up with 8.1 :)

Amritash Pathania

May 4, 2013
Visit site
There should have been more accent colours

I use windows phone since april, nd i knew bout the fact that windows phone 8.1 is coming in Q2 next year, but do microsoft's phone department working on more accent colors? As that LL be appriviable as we have very less to customise ,

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: There should have been more accent colours

I use windows phone since april, nd i knew bout the fact that windows phone 8.1 is coming in Q2 next year, but do microsoft's phone department working on more accent colors? As that LL be appriviable as we have very less to customise ,

They upgraded from a limited set to 20 colours. I really hope they will provide a color mixer in 8.1 which will be great :D

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Window Phone Complaint Line?

I think I remember seeing that Microsoft has a page for suggested improvements to the OS? Any idea if they're reading them? I find it mind boggling that if I launch my contacts from the dialer that I get a list of ALL my contacts, including ones I don't have a phone number for. How stupid is that?

KickAssLumia

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Although I cannot pretend to know what will help Microsoft make a winner out of WP8, I do know what will make it a success for me:

1) A solid Yahoo chat or unified chat client including MSN Messenger (now unified with skype). I tried a few but there is some functionality missing or another. My workplace uses this and I have no choice but to depend on this missing feature. Nokia Chat Beta seems to be working OK, but I don't get notifications of other users pinging me.....which sucks.
2) Banking Apps for my credit union (don't expect help from microsoft since its a small CU) and Amex (This is definitely a big one).
3) Proper integration between various Microsoft/Nokia services. For example, I cannot believe I have to re-authenticate on a web-page for apps from the same company. Single Sign On (SSO) should be used/implemented better.
4) Buy Vimeo already! Definitely need something to compete with Youtube. Currently using Youtube HD and Vimeo Apps which are pretty decent.

Smaller issues:
1) Allow text on the smaller tiles as well. I have 2 Exchange accounts and I cannot use small tiles because both use the same icon. Or even allow the use of a custom icon on a given tile.
2) Skype needs to get better....A LOT BETTER!

Magnus Lundin

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Going crazy on volume control. Always wrong, ringtone too low, video too high. I need separate volume for media and ringtones. I lack a function like "shush", that restores ringer after a specific time. And I lack sound profiles.
And such a bad alarm. No settings on snooze, easy to discard instead of snooze with no verification.
Some basic things that annoys...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Skype sucks!

Works great for me with a good network connection. Not all will experience the same thing on these platforms. Pretty standard stuff man. You should try using something else that might work better for you. Whatsapp supposed to be pretty nice. Try that and leave Skype to the side.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

yeah skype is a bit crap. I am sure on 'droid, you can make all messages as "read" whereas on wp8, you have to goto individual chats in order to read it which suprises me as skype is a microsoft app!

but the biggest problem/bug I have is that messages never comes in instantly. sometimes even an hour later. on wifi and have unlimited data so not sure why the massive delay. What am I suppose to do? Leave the phone on all the time?!

Unfortunately, people I know are on skype not whatsapp, so can't change over.

I think skype on droid is more reliable then on wp8.

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

I know it's not obvious, but in the recent list if you tap and hold (for 3 sec) the Skype logo at the top left you get the "mark all as read" menu. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans