(Official) What WP needs to succeed

Nicolae Ionescu

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
"Features" of Lumia 625

This let"s say "phone" is really harmfull, it has no internal agenda for contacts, calendar or notes. Every of these features are accessible only on-line, synchronising these informations to my Outlook.com account. Outlok.com, after i made a new account stolen my contacts, calendar and notes from my phone, without asking me, so they imported without my consent all the informations on my Outlook account. After I erased these informations from my account, they disapear also from my phone. In this moment I lose all these information.
Why all the dealers show us only the features of this phone but nobody tells that this is an internet phone, so if I don"t have an Microsoft account I can"t use the 625 as a regular one ? Why all my data have to be stored in Microsoft servers, instead to be stored in my phone ?
This is a mockery to the user of the phone because Nokia don"t previously inform the clients that this phone is using every moment the informations from the Microsoft account meaning that they will spend a lot of money on internet connection and don"t have nothing in their device except music and pictures.
There is no Microsoft software installed on the phone, all is accessible only connecting online to Microsoft account.
Shame Nokia to sell this kind of scrap !

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Contacts, calendar and notes are available locally on the phone and are backed up to outlook.com.
Internet is required only to sync this information. To secure your outlook.com account, you can activate two factor authentication.

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't that require a hardware modification? The only thing that the headphone is used for as far as the radio is concerned is for the wire to act like an antenna. You can even plug in external speakers and get the radio to work.
Exactly, modify the hardware on all the flagship WP devices.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
How bout just giving us a real radio app so we don't have to rely on some 3rd party crap. Why can't Nokia make it a part of mix radio or Microsoft make it a part of Xbox music? Why do I have to suffer through adds or buy an app to use a feature the phone has built in?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
How bout just giving us a real radio app so we don't have to rely on some 3rd party crap. Why can't Nokia make it a part of mix radio or Microsoft make it a part of Xbox music? Why do I have to suffer through adds or buy an app to use a feature the phone has built in?
check music and you should see f.m radio, if you don't see it than your phone doesn't support it due to the way it was designed.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
check music and you should see f.m radio, if you don't see it than your phone doesn't support it due to the way it was designed.

I have it, and like I said I had to download it, its a 3rd party add filled app I had to download to use a feature that is already on the phone. My G2 and HTC One doesn't need a 3rd party app. It would be like having to download an app to make the camera or SMS work.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have it, and like I said I had to download it, its a 3rd party add filled app I had to download to use a feature that is already on the phone. My G2 and HTC One doesn't need a 3rd party app. It would be like having to download an app to make the camera or SMS work.

What phone do you have? radio is available since Amber update for phones with the necesary hardware. 620 (i don't know wich others) don't have FM Receiver.

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
as many have said....custom SOUND profiles...it's my main problem, there are many situations where i have to go on every app (8.1) and mute every one of them(btw, i noticed that the tickbox that was in wp8.0 it's now gone),have tried a lot of setting includin battery saver and leaving some apps in the background...and...while posting my request in the windows phone user voice...many results with my 'wanted feature' had appeared...it MS could gather all the votes for all the similar requests for the USER(custom)PROFILES(the 'sounds' is that i'm most interested in)...i bet it would make an impressive number...for instance...i saw...a lot of votes...for 'Cortana in Vietnamese" ...very good...i wish them luck...but it's just ONE request that gathers all the posts....and here i found at least 5000,each with tens of votes,(not all of them...anyway)....pretty incredible do you think? :))) i think if MS would make changes strictly on the number of votes...we all would have Cortana in 'martian' language or something...just kidding.... i know about inner circle but i think it's a little to messy and not so a 'windows phone' feature IMO,it looks like the tricky Android was messing around with Cortana in the 'developement process'' :)) how 'bout that ...an affait between Android and Cortana...hitting all gadged sites :) i promise i'll try not to make jokes..aaa....here goes... :straight:
I gave all my votes to the guy who wanted profiles like in the old nokia phones :))) honestly :)....and IT'S NOT my request,if you're thinking about that :))),i didn't bother to write something that was already written :) i just want the functionality of a phone in the first place,at least 1 day battery,reliable notification functionality..and then, comes the 'media...wallpapers' thing IMHO. Thx for reading :smile:
Feature Suggestions: Hot (50061 ideas) – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

berrydroidapple

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/210477-official-what-wp-needs-succeed.html

The dialer sucks. No smart dial. The SMS app has no customizations whatsoever. Really regretting buying this obsolete 1520. It's a huge step backwards.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The dialer sucks. No smart dial. The SMS app has no customizations whatsoever. Really regretting buying this obsolete 1520. It's a huge step backwards.
Hi there phillyundead and Welcome to WPC.
Your comments may serve you better in this thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/210477-official-what-wp-needs-succeed.html

Hi there phillyundead and Welcome to WPC.
Your comments may serve you better in this thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/210477-official-what-wp-needs-succeed.html

Sorry about that. Just a little frustrated after paying a ton of money for this phone.

It's missing a massive amount of features that have been stock in smart phones for years.

I've been using it to give my old note 3 a hotspot for the past few days. I can't stand using it. The keyboard isn't very easy to use. The screen is gorgeous though.

I totally was. Just very frustrated. I should have got the 520 first until I got used to it.

That's why you have to buy entry level phones like Lucia 520 ND test wp rather than buying expensive phones like lumia 1520.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

That's why you have to buy entry level phones like Lucia 520 ND test wp rather than buying expensive phones like lumia 1520.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

I'm probably gonna end up selling it if I can't get into it. At least I'll have a note 3 to fall back on.

It's missing a massive amount of features that have been stock in smart phones for years.

Massive amount of features??? Name some please

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlad Ciprian

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
videocall network should be implemented, Skype, Viber or other applications like this have internet and does anyone have these applications installed. Why will not implement this function, all phones from Nokia for example. N70, nokia 5800 or many other phones have this feature included.

anon(8730639)

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Changes I'd Like To See in the Windows Phone UI

I don't understand what you mean by 5 screens. You can already get to the lock screen, start screen, etc., what's the problem. As for there only being 2 screens, that's something that I love about WP over other platforms. The app list is easy to get to and yet is organized and easy to get to what you want. The start screen feels much better having it be one screen, since it feels smoother just swiping through one page rather than you flipping through various pages.

I also don't understand what you mean by seeing the actual lock screen. When your phone is locked, you can look at it all you want, what's the problem?

anon(8730639)

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I haven't gotten the WP8.1 developer preview yet, so I don't know how many of these have been addressed, but these are what I want.

1. Automatic updates. Extremely useful and saves a lot of time.
2. The ability to delete apps from your app list. This is a fantastic feature of Android that iOS (and WP 8 too) don't have that really helps you organize your apps. When you download an app, there's a list that memorizes all of the apps youve downloaded. However, what if you were trying out a free app and it wasn't very good? Well, instead of leaving it there to fill up the list for no reason, you can remove it from the list. It keeps it nice and clean and really helps when re downloading apps to a new device.
3. More Data stuff. I'm on AT&T and my phone has a problem where it keeps using data even if it's in my wifi network in my house. It detects it, but continues to use data (I'm guessing it's a bug, but it really needs to be fixed). Also, AT&T has blocked Data Sense, so MS should make it available to everyone.
4. A music locker. Android and iOS have Amazon Cloud Player and Google Play Music, so WP should have their own equivalent (just add it into Xbox Music). This is extremely useful on Android and iOS since you can access your music anywhere, and with MS's large number of devices, this should be even better. MS, just add it in exactly how it in on GPM, by number of songs, not the size of the songs. The one thing that GPM doesn't too very well is that it's song editing (as in the information you can put for songs, like Artist and stuff) is very limited. No "set as compilation album" or album artist or any of that. If MS can pull this off, it'll be one less reason to stick with iOS or Android.
5. Apps that update at the same time as on other platforms. Sure, WP has Twitter and Facebook and stuff, but a lot of the time the WP version is far behind the version on Android or iOS. If we're a little behind, no problem, that's how it is on Android vs iOS. However, we're usually far behind, so that needs to get fixed.
6. Other devices (IDK how else to say it). One of the big things that MS needs to have is their own "Nexus" style device, a Windows Phone that shows off the best of the platform and is affordable at the same time (Android has a lot of these devices and WP needs them too. Seriously, if the Lumia 920, a flagship from 2012, costs the same as the OnePlus One, a flagship from... now, who would go for the Lumia 920?). MS should also have a "professional" style device (maybe a Surface phone?) that matches the serious and industrial design that BlackBerry fans love to convince BB fans to come to WP.
7. Some other small extras that IDK where to put. Allowing OEMs to make devices with the latest and greatest specs without needing a software update, less carrier tinkering, full game streaming Wii U or PS4 style from Xbox One to a Windows device, USB OTG, more devices with Micro SD cards, and more user customization (as in letting them choose the default web browser and photo app or letting them make their own lock screen theme things) are things I'd like.

Besides that, many of my complaints have been fixed or will be fixed. Multi platform apps (one purchase for all platforms), notification center, Cortana, more customization, better keyboard, etc. have all been added and the "app problem" is slowly being fixed. Really what MS needs is to create it's own identity, to have that one thing that they do really well to give them an edge over the competition. Blackberry's niche was communication, Android's was powerful devices and customization, and iOS's was apps and ease of use. WP does all of those pretty well, but it needs to have something that one feature that no one has done before and everyone wants. Once MS has that, users will start coming.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
all of the features added to 8.1 complete the package for me, i just think they need to get the battery draining figured out (still exists in 8,1 from what i read).

flowkidd

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't get Mad: WP8.1 Sucks ...Period, divert your hate towards MS

I know you read the headline and think, I'm some kind of hater or that I've never tried Windows Phone. I've tried them all and actually have a 1020, 925, 8X, the last 2 bought for a combined $225 before WP8.1 was announced and on special.

Ask yourself, Why would anyone try out Windows Phone? Why?

- To miss notifications?
- To have the worst Skype Experience on any platform?
- To not be able to toggle data on the notification center (Come on, how easy is that, lol, fail)
- To use an app, go to a second app and then try to return to the prior app and get hit with "resuming" . Why? It's not like I opened other apps, why does it need to resume, did it run out of ram? Do that on iOS/Android and you will be taken back "immediately".
- To use the worst music app in mobile?
- To eat through battery life like there's no tomorrow?
- To have Cortana require GPS to work? Who does that?
- To not be able to add an event that happens every 2 weeks in the calendar, like a paycheck, MS never heard of bi weekly events, lol.
- To have the worst video app known to mobile?
- So that when you are trying to watch a movie and the capacitive key lights stay on no matter what?

There are so many others but all these should be easy for the "Largest software company in the world" to fix in order for regular consumers to jump on cause they have enjoyed a better experience elsewhere.

Sure someone coming from a feature phone will not care but why provide the ****ty experience?

I guarantee that Rudy will make a better Music app and not take so long to get a decent one out. I mean the app has been out for like 3 months on WP8 before the update, why so slow? I know why, they don't care and neither should we. I have canceled my Xbox music account and I hope others follow, cause let me get this straight, YOU WANT ME TO PAY YOU AND IN TURN YOU PROVIDE A ****TY EXPERIENCE ON ALL PLATFORMS? what a bargain!!!

Why did I write this? well simple, maybe someone from MS reads it, but that would make too mush sense for them to listen to customers. All they know how to say is "in the coming weeks", I know a week 3 years from today is also a coming week, isn't it?

I will be going back to an iPhone in the mean time and I hope that others follow so that MS' Mobile ambitions dive a fast death. It's the only way to get them to realize how bad they are. No excuses, if Rudy can make great apps, there's no reason why they can't, when they obviously have more than 1 person on the team.

Hello iPhone!

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Alright, continuing discussion here.

Toy your previous point about selling the 1520 unlocked, I still don't think it would do all that well unless they borough that price into the $300-$400 range. Even then phones like the Nexus 5 aren't blockbuster hits in regards to sales.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)