(Official) What WP needs to succeed

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
not only official apps should be come to store, they should be regularly updated. Just look at the instagram beta app, and 4 months have passed sinced the last update. Apps are lagging behind Android / ios apps in terms of functionality. The only way to break this is; apps should be on a regularly basis updated.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
We need to develop innovative apps for the platform. I am a developer and dedicated about developing for the platform. I am open for suggestions as well. My developer name is appeveli, I just published three apps for the windows phone.

i agree im trying to get started building apps kinda hate coding but i trying to learn this language and build apps.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
what WP needs to succeed

1) Windows phone needs to step up feature wise, performance wise and Integration with MS services wise.
2) Windows need official apps and Good ones (I mean beautiful fast fluid apps for both windows 8 and WP8 /8.1
3) Windows Phones stock apps to me are poor (xbox music -- poor, calculator --okay, Office a joke, calendar good in 8.1 but can be better, Photo's okay can be better, camera basic at best.) i expect much more of stock WP apps and MS services apps.
4) Google services (MS needs to stride a deal with Google MS services are nice but Google's are superior forcing ppl to switch is not a good way to go make Google services integrate and have Google apps on WP.) i.e we don't need a Google drive up but make one drive able to link into your Google drive etc. you-tube app, Google+ app, Google maps.
5) Can some one explain to me why Skype, office, One note, One drive and other MS services and apps are better on android or IOS ?? they should be the best on a Windows Phone or Windows device every thing else comes second. Android has Google service integration seamless blackberry have BBM and their services seamless and so does apple. (Google does not even have their apps for windows phone and bbm is runs best on a Blackberry and they are fine with that cuz at the end of the day they want customers to use their services get addicted and switch.
6) NOKIA oohh boi NOKIA aww how we love Nokia and lumia yes they are well built yes they have some note worthy features. yet in 2014 HTC has better build quality (all metal phone) when Nokia did this a few times in the past. Nokia are still doing rare facing speakers, the 930 has its issues software and hardware wise (heat, okay audio from the headphones jack from a reviewer I trust and so on. The 930 is sexy i do like it but Nokia missed the ball to do some killer stuff i.e bigger battery, stereo speakers or a speaker not at the back, a IR blaster for remote functionality, the camera while good Samsung's 16MP camera is better in daylight (what ???) i can go on but honestly the 930 for me was so close to being perfect.
7) Microsoft is suffering from the Blackberry syndrome when the iPhone came out. MS to me has gotten bloated lazy and off focus. (i agree with the job cuts if it means a lean mean unified focused MS and MS devices division).

I left android for windows phone and it was cool when i started i just missed my apps. I soon found excellent replacements for a few of them which i find are better than the android app they are intended to replace. Windows phone is nice but MS need to get down to work cuz I like alot of the windows phone features and some things are done well I love the FB app MS produced. and as for NOKIA they need to innovate more like the used too before the windows phone era they had good stereo speakers on the 6233, weird styles, impeccable styles/designs, full metal devices, unique features, cool ringtones, light shows on some models, excellent music centric devices with iPhone / iPod level of audio quality and excellent cameras which they still have but I think they dropped the ball a bit or others are catching up.

I want windows to do well honestly its a cool OS but until apps are better and more abundant and MS works on windows a bit more i think ill go back android or Blackberry till WP9 is out at least as a companion to my 920.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
why not instead of ask for integration with google we just ask to improve the ms services, even cortana depends of bing data why not make it better the services, i do not use google services because are not easy to use or intuitive, i would appreciate integration with yahoo by example

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
why not instead of ask for integration with google we just ask to improve the ms services, even cortana depends of bing data why not make it better the services, i do not use google services because are not easy to use or intuitive, i would appreciate integration with yahoo by example

because i use both and i did ask for improvement of MS services

Holle83

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
what WP needs to succeed

1) Windows phone needs to step up feature wise, performance wise and Integration with MS services wise.
2) Windows need official apps and Good ones (I mean beautiful fast fluid apps for both windows 8 and WP8 /8.1
3) Windows Phones stock apps to me are poor (xbox music -- poor, calculator --okay, Office a joke, calendar good in 8.1 but can be better, Photo's okay can be better, camera basic at best.) i expect much more of stock WP apps and MS services apps.
4) Google services (MS needs to stride a deal with Google MS services are nice but Google's are superior forcing ppl to switch is not a good way to go make Google services integrate and have Google apps on WP.) i.e we don't need a Google drive up but make one drive able to link into your Google drive etc. you-tube app, Google+ app, Google maps.
5) Can some one explain to me why Skype, office, One note, One drive and other MS services and apps are better on android or IOS ?? they should be the best on a Windows Phone or Windows device every thing else comes second. Android has Google service integration seamless blackberry have BBM and their services seamless and so does apple. (Google does not even have their apps for windows phone and bbm is runs best on a Blackberry and they are fine with that cuz at the end of the day they want customers to use their services get addicted and switch.
6) NOKIA oohh boi NOKIA aww how we love Nokia and lumia yes they are well built yes they have some note worthy features. yet in 2014 HTC has better build quality (all metal phone) when Nokia did this a few times in the past. Nokia are still doing rare facing speakers, the 930 has its issues software and hardware wise (heat, okay audio from the headphones jack from a reviewer I trust and so on. The 930 is sexy i do like it but Nokia missed the ball to do some killer stuff i.e bigger battery, stereo speakers or a speaker not at the back, a IR blaster for remote functionality, the camera while good Samsung's 16MP camera is better in daylight (what ???) i can go on but honestly the 930 for me was so close to being perfect.
7) Microsoft is suffering from the Blackberry syndrome when the iPhone came out. MS to me has gotten bloated lazy and off focus. (i agree with the job cuts if it means a lean mean unified focused MS and MS devices division).

I left android for windows phone and it was cool when i started i just missed my apps. I soon found excellent replacements for a few of them which i find are better than the android app they are intended to replace. Windows phone is nice but MS need to get down to work cuz I like alot of the windows phone features and some things are done well I love the FB app MS produced. and as for NOKIA they need to innovate more like the used too before the windows phone era they had good stereo speakers on the 6233, weird styles, impeccable styles/designs, full metal devices, unique features, cool ringtones, light shows on some models, excellent music centric devices with iPhone / iPod level of audio quality and excellent cameras which they still have but I think they dropped the ball a bit or others are catching up.

I want windows to do well honestly its a cool OS but until apps are better and more abundant and MS works on windows a bit more i think ill go back android or Blackberry till WP9 is out at least as a companion to my 920.

100% agree
Unfortunately I haven't found anything my Windows Phone can do better than my OnePlus One.
But:
- the WP managed to run out of battery from 83% to zero in less than 8 hours, without being used and while being in flight mode (my OPO needs about 5% battery for 24h without being used and being in flight mode)
- the integration of my exchange account and my Blackberry was much better (contacts, notes, schedules), which is simply embarrassing thinking of which company Exchange and Windows Phone are comming from.

Adding more to your list:
- Frontpage must be more customizable. I hate the contacts flipping or even to see the photos - am I free to change it? Of course not...
- the color scheme should affect all apps, that means "Office" and "Weather" as well (...!)
- have a mentioned the worst battery performance ever? Actually I dont think that the overall system is bad for battery life, its just that there are some parts of system/apps which could fail totally and suck out battery massively. Something must have been coded poorly.

Saying something good:
- camera is amazing
- cortana has some innovative approaches (i.e. being a contact in phonebook while connected to i.e. my car), but has to improve in regard of interaction (i.e. there is no feedback/interaction when using the cortana contact function in car).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett