Trying to get Gmail messages forwarded to my outlook.com since they not supporting exchange,

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Since Gmail said they will do away with exchange, im trying to get my incoming messages forwarded to outlook.

So i was able to go into my gmail settings and add my outlook account so that messages are forwarded. I got a verification email from gmail and i clicked the link, which they said should do it.

I tried to senda couple of test messages to my gmail inbox to see if it forwards to my outlook, out of like 5, only one came through. Is there a way to get the emails to go to outlook real time or almost real time? Or is there a time gap before forwarded?

I also went into my outlook and added my gmail to receive and send from my outlook. Got verification email on my gmail and confirmed.

Still having issues getting the messages forwarded, am i doing it right? Anybody have it where the emails go to your outlook real time?

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
We use Google Apps for work and, if Gmail is anything like GA, it generally takes about 24 hours for everything to start clicking properly. How long have you had it set up? I have my Gmail forwarding to my Outlook.com (not vice versa) and it seems to be working fine for me.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
We use Google Apps for work and, if Gmail is anything like GA, it generally takes about 24 hours for everything to start clicking properly. How long have you had it set up? I have my Gmail forwarding to my Outlook.com (not vice versa) and it seems to be working fine for me.

Ya, i got my gmail forwarded to outlook as well. Some messages get through, but takes time. I just had my first one go real time. Hopefully it is consistent, but just odd then a few of them never came through at all.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to reply to the forwarded email to the original sender?

So far, i have been able to get the messages forwarded in real time if a message is sent to my gmail, it will show in my outlook. The problem is, if i reply to the message on outlook, it only replies to my gmail account and not the original sender, how do i get it to reply to the original sender instead of my gmail without manually adding the address?

stueyboy

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. I am in the same situation as you. Try pulling the gmails in from Outlook.com. Go to settings and e-mail accounts and enter your gmail settings there and they will get pulled to your outlook account. I did it this way and it works fine. Although the gmails stay on the server despite me setting them to be deleted. I now get all my gmail in my outlook mailbox. You will also be able to set up the reply e-mail address in the outlook settings

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. I am in the same situation as you. Try pulling the gmails in from Outlook.com. Go to settings and e-mail accounts and enter your gmail settings there and they will get pulled to your outlook account. I did it this way and it works fine. Although the gmails stay on the server despite me setting them to be deleted. I now get all my gmail in my outlook mailbox. You will also be able to set up the reply e-mail address in the outlook settings

Yes now i only have issues with replying. Ive added my gmail as send only account. If i reply to the forwarded email im emailing back my gmail not original sender. How do i set that up?

stueyboy

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes now i only have issues with replying. Ive added my gmail as send only account. If i reply to the forwarded email im emailing back my gmail not original sender. How do i set that up?

If you go to the bottom of the page in the "your e-mail accounts" setting, you should be able to change the default to your outlook.com address. Seems to work for me

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
If you go to the bottom of the page in the "your e-mail accounts" setting, you should be able to change the default to your outlook.com address. Seems to work for me

My outlook email is already default. That only sets the sender, so what i did was do a test email from my yahoo to my gmail. So my gmail goes to outlook, i open the test yahoo email on my outlook and select reply, the reply is sent to my gmail not the original yahoo. How do i get to send to original yahoo without having to add it manually?

WinPhne

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issue, If you go into outlook under more mail setting you will most likely find an error under "Your email accounts". I had to add and delete my gmail account a couple of times before it was 100%, plus if your inbox is large it will take a couple of days for it to pull all emails so just got to be patient...
As for real time forwarding make sure you have POP enabled in Gmail.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
OK so i figured out how to get to reply to the original sender instead of the gmail account. You have to select reply and not reply all. So i wonder how it is going to work when there are a many people ccd in the email, i probably have to insert all the addresses manually? that would be annoying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers