Is anyone else not really concerned about WP8 app count?

wpwaukesha

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
For me it's quality over quantity. Quality apps is where I feel WP can differentiate itself from other platforms. I wish that my bank had an app. For the most part I have all the apps I need.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't care less about the app count. There are only a couple apps that I'm "missing" but they are not crucial to my daily operation. To me the OS provides so many other greater advantages to its competitors.

People should buy a smartphone OS for the OS's abilities and advantages, not because of some stupid 3rd party apps.

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I am concerned with the amount of quality games, most of the titles coming out so far have been stuff you would see on XBLA and not a fully fledged ios FPS or adventure games; You get my point. We need more of the grade A titles you see on ios and android such as dead trigger, shadow gun, labyrinth 2, zen pinball, zen bound, etc. But Microsoft should really step up their game on XBL on windows phone along with the multiplayer aspect of it.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
People should buy a smartphone OS for the OS's abilities and advantages, not because of some stupid 3rd party apps.

Correct, and one of those abilities is to have the 3rd party apps that people want. If the #1 app somebody uses is Hipstergram, there is no advantage to buying a WP8 device, no matter how super awesome the OS is. People should absolutely buy a smartphone because it has the 3rd party apps they use daily.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I may be something of an anomaly, but I have never been on Facebook or Instagram. So I have no need for those apps and they are the ones a lot of people seem to miss.

Not a big app man, had Android for 28 months, did not buy a single app. Tried a few, not many though. The ads all over them drove me potty. I also did not trust the payment systems.

With this phone I have bought numerous games, all ones with achievements so far just about. Also bought the WPC app, love it. As for lack of apps, genuinely not noticed.

SergeMcG

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Let's not forget the following. For example, Nokia included in its smartphone/mobile a feature called VoiceHD. Here in the UK is for example supported by 3 Networks and others. Well, since I got an e72 and afterwards the N8 I could call and communicate with HD voice. This feature (similar one) had been only recently introduced by Apple, on iPhone5. So, Nokia had used this feature for years and Apple only now. Think about it, first of all you buy a phone because it is a phone and something like VoiceHD is not included in such a high end Apple product? And they call Apple an innovator? WIth Android you have tons of apps, fine. But hey there are tons of apps for Windows Phones as well. I think getting a Nokia is also a great choice. Offline navigational maps (worldwide) and many other exclusive apps, IP of Nokia.
So I'm definitely not concerned about the WP8 app count, and we can keep counting as the number is increasing steadily. I can tell you I have more than all the apps I need. Most of the times, instead of having a choice of 10 I have 2 or 3. And usually are the best ones, so I don't bother. Many times you can also get around the non having an app.

Again, there are sooo many apps! I'm not concerned at all. What I'm concerned is how monopolistic has google become against microsoft! Bad moves that show the real face of Google.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Quality vs quantity. There are a handful of apps I'd still like to see make the switch to Windows Phone from either iOS or Android. But I think we should focus whether or not the apps we do share with them are on par or better.

s_a_r_k_i_s

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I just want to see my bank create an app for WP platform once done, I'm happy...I have everything I need on WP so the App collection doesn't bother me, seems to have everything I need minus the banking app which I hope is coming soon :)

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just want to see my bank create an app for WP platform once done, I'm happy...I have everything I need on WP so the App collection doesn't bother me, seems to have everything I need minus the banking app which I hope is coming soon :)

I wish B of A would fix their app, it bugs out when doing mobile deposits sometimes on wp8.

edjr07

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Quality is needed...I carry three OS' with me for work and there are definite differences in quality from what we have and what the other OS' have.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It would be fine to only have 500 apps, if they were the 500 apps that people actually wanted.
When the iPhone store really took off and people were downloading apps like crazy, a report was given that the average lifespan of an iPhone app was around 12 minutes.
So, who cares if there are 52030498230 apps available if you only use 6?
The big issue is whether the apps that you want are available or not.
JJ

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
It only bothered my a little when I bought my HD7. At the time there were under 50,000 apps in the marketplace. (that's what they used to call the store) Now, it only bothers me when I read Verge reviews of WP8 devices. I went with WP in the first place because of out of the box functionality I wanted. It never was and still isn't about apps for me.

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Count me in! Personally, I'm not concerned by the WP8 app count at all.
one of the reasons might be my tendency to be flexible enough to not wish for EXACTLY THE SAME experience when switching the OS. Like, App "abc" not there? Hey, use "def". not the same experience? So what? 1st world problem ...

doomtuba

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Of course I want more apps. It's annoying not having all the apps my android and iOS friends have. It wasn't enough to deter me from windows phone, but it certainly could be better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo