Where is Viber w/calls for WP8 - the Nokia exclusive?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone read any news? Viber support haven't replied two emails. I don't browse many other tech sites but anyone has any idea?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Having seen a number of threads about various missing apps from you recently, i'm wondering if WP is the right choice for you.

WP is going to be missing some app or another for the foreseeable future, and if all these apps are essential to you, you need to make the jump to Android or iOS. No point getting stressed about missing apps, because there is litterally %^&* all we can do about it.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been with WP since Nov 2010, so I am not sure how long would I need to decide if WP is right for me or not.

Viber isn't one of the missing apps on WP. It is a missing app on WP8. There is a difference. These apps existed on WP7, WP7.5 and WP7.8.

WP8 launched with "120,000 apps in the store and growing" - which of course was one misleading statement to say the least. It's been two months since actual devices were announced and it is always a good idea to know where these apps are if they were already meant to be in the WP8 since launch announcement.

But yeah, I will surely look around on iOS and Android phones but you know what? I won't have the UI and OS I've been using since more than 2 years and 4 different devices. So thanks, but no thanks.

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone read any news? Viber support haven't replied two emails. I don't browse many other tech sites but anyone has any idea?
Hasn't been any news whatsoever. Apps are coming, I'd say we will see some big name apps coming between now and April. As long as WP sells well of course.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I asked them on Twitter a while back and though I don't remember the exact response, it was somewhere around the lines of 'not coming anytime soon'.

Was this in 2012 or 2013? I'm pretty sure there was rumour of Lumia exclusive WP app but they only made it for WP7.x and haven't bothered at all with WP8.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Why you guys need Viber so bad..........don't get it........get something instead.

Like what?

I would have thought, Skype was the ultimate answer for me since it is a Microsoft service on a Microsoft OS - but it's in beta since 3 months.
Then thought, may be Whatsapp will be ok for now as Nokia is helping to develop a WP8 version - but it's hasn't changed at all and still drains battery like a vampire.

All the others like Kik, WeChat, Line - are only good enough if I have huge number of friends living in China. Otherwise, in the UK, they give me that look of "WTF you on about blud?"

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would complain about asking for app status... If someone wants a particular app, the best strategy is to ask the company that makes the app. This is how we get more apps on the phone. Why are people *****ing about this? It's no skin off your back.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would complain about asking for app status... If someone wants a particular app, the best strategy is to ask the company that makes the app. This is how we get more apps on the phone. Why are people *****ing about this? It's no skin off your back.

Try doing that with Whatsapp devs and if you are lucky you'll hear back from that.
On the other hand Viber had good PR when it was developing for WP7.x but they've been quiet on all forums and emails about WP8.

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, this is a member of the Viber R&D Team!
Don't worry - we haven't forgotten you!
We're working hard on Viber for WP8, we invite you to stay updated on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Thanks for your patience and support. :)

Viber Team

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your quick reply! i really hope the app will be available soon on WP8. I use this on my old Nokia 710 and would like to get rid of that phone since i have a 920.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your quick reply! i really hope the app will be available soon on WP8. I use this on my old Nokia 710 and would like to get rid of that phone since i have a 920.

Last time Viber said "soon" it was 4 months or so on WP7.5 and that too without calls! ;) So don't get your hopes too high :)

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, this is a member of the Viber R&D Team!
Don't worry - we haven't forgotten you!
We're working hard on Viber for WP8, we invite you to stay updated on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Thanks for your patience and support. :)

Viber Team

great!! cant wait for viber on WP8, sure we will be patient and hopefully we will get the App in Feb

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Can we recieve a estimated ETA? Like Q1 or between Februari or March.

I need a voip client soon for international relations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb