How do I purchase movies for my Nokia 920?

jackypaper

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I love my Nokia. But when I go to the Store, there isn't an option for "movies." All I see are Apps, Games, Music, and Podcasts.

Thanks!

JussiRM

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I guess it means you can't buy movies from the store :)
I think there's netflix for WP8, otherwise I have no information about such services.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Netflix account, it works incredibly well. Streaming is I think a better option because of the storage issue. Of course, that's easy for me to say since I have an unlimited data plan.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Netflix need to set up their streaming like Amazon. With Amazon, you can download anything you can stream using their app and playing it from within their app. Not all of us have unlimited data and if I have access to WiFi, I am chosing to watch it on my Surface or laptop before the phone. Hopefully Netflix figures this out or even better ,Amazon gives us their video app for Windows Phone, Windows 8, and Windows RT.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I know you said purchase; however...are these movies for which you already have purchased physical DVDs and if so have you considered ripping your own copies?

DVDFab (Paid) + Handbrake (Free) works incredibly well...

For purchasing if/when Flixster ever updates their app to play Ultraviolet content on the Windows 8 platform that might be an option for purchasing movies.

Last edited:

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Right now there is no option to buy movies in Windows phone 8. Hopefully it will be a feature added in the next few updates.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think you could purchase movies or TV shows from iTunes, then use DRM Media Converter to get those files into something WP8 compatible. There are probably free conversion options as well (maybe VLC + Handbrake?). I've never tried any of the above, but I'm sure some other folks on here can fill in the gaps. Good luck and keep us posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss