apps not updating

pattyandchips

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello i'm using HTC 8X on O2 UK and have started to notice that the updates for app's are not displaying in the store.

To get the updates I have to manually find the app in the store and then it will appear on the main screen. The only reason I know the updates are available are by this site so there is probably less popular apps which need updating.

Has anybody had this issue and or know how to resolve it? I'm considering a complete reset but its a bit of a hassle.

Thanks

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if you had searched you would have found the tons of threads about this issue, it's known to be on all of the WP8 phones and there isn't a fix just yet.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
What's weird on my end is that I took a look at the Twitter app and it has been updated on the 7th of this month with new version but I can't download the latest update even if I uninstall and reinstall I still have the 1.3.4. version. It also happens with WisePilot North America.

Anybody else having this issue?

Tauqeer Hassan

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I was facing this problem from four months. I was not getting any update and WPCentral was the only source to get information about updates. The biggest problem was that the updates to system settings have no link in store so there was no way to get them updated. I searched a lot, I have tried the few solutions given on different sites but none of them solved the problem. Today I tried something devised by my self and luckily it worked. The steps are:
1- Make a list of all the apps installed in the phone (other than inbuilt apps) this list is also there on "https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/my/purchase-history" associated with your Microsoft account.
2- Uninstall all the apps (other than inbuilt apps)
3- unpin store icon from start screen
4- delete Internet Explorer history (Internet Explorer->settings->delete history)
5- soft reset your phone (press and hold power button + volume down button for 10 sec) . Soft reset does not delete any thing from the phone.
6- adjust phone's date and time
7- pin store tile to start screen
8- Install necessary apps
After performing these steps I got store tile with number 6 on it. I opened the store, there were six updates available 3 games, access point, display and Transfer my Data got updated.

I think there are some apps which disturbs the OS app update mechanism. I hope Microsoft will be working on this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos